2 to Wilton Manor....a liittle bit of this and a little bit of that

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vellies

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki Djebel 250XC
It is Sunday morning 05h15 and I fly out of bed when my cellphone tells me "it is time to get up" Very strict voice! Ironman and I are suppose to go for a ride to investigate the facilities at Wilton Manor near Middleton. 

m_wiltonmanorride001.jpg

Ironman arrives

m_wiltonmanorride003.jpg

We head off to Sundays River and turn off to the "closed" McKay Bridge.

m_wiltonmanorride005.jpg

m_wiltonmanorride006.jpg

A beautiful morning it is. Mmm a little bit cooler than we expected it to be. Okay I was flippin shivering. My teeth were clappering in my helmet and I had to lock my jaws to avoid biting the insides of my cheeks. We drove past Mr McCow's farm and in need of an excuse to stop suggested we see if he is there. Well you never, feet full of shit but he is there. Next moment he decides to "dust of " his GS Adv since it is a while since last he rode it. Kak man die ding is nog vol modder but you're welcome anyway. And then we were 3.

m_wiltonmanorride009.jpg

m_wiltonmanorride011.jpg

Mr McCow has his farm just down the road of Addo so we headed up the Zuurberg pass. It was the Ironman's first visit to the area. He and Mr McCow decided to swap toys. "Your's is soooo nice," "Oooh thank you very mucch"  :ricky:

m_wiltonmanorride020.jpg

m_wiltonmanorride016.jpg

m_wiltonmanorride022.jpg

Now give it back so I can enjoy the rest of my ride.

m_wiltonmanorride024.jpg

m_wiltonmanorride023.jpg

Mr McCow treated us to breakfast at the Zuurberg Inn.

m_wiltonmanorride027.jpg

m_wiltonmanorride026.jpg

Then it was off in the direction of Ann's Villa

m_wiltonmanorride028.jpg

and McCow got the call to return to the farm. So now we were 2 again

m_wiltonmanorride029.jpg

Okay where to now?

m_wiltonmanorride031.jpg

So here come the mongoose in his upright stance

m_wiltonmanorride034.jpg

By now the "little bit of freezing was defrosted and we were able to take in plenty of scenery around us. Bliksem who left his hosepipe lying in the road! Naa boet that is a 5ft geelslang aka Cape Cobra. Heel but it is a beautiful male snake. Unfortunately I could not get the camera out in time. Oh damn I forgot to mention the 3 kudu bulls we saw earlier and the Rooi Ribbok Ram .....next episode later