De Wildt again - The tortoise and the shark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

shark_za

I was not going to post this as a report, seeing as its not forum related, but we all like bikes and getting outdoors, and both riders are on the forum.
Also, the last time I rode with Ufudo at De Wildt him and Leon had to help me get back to the truck as I had broken my collarbone. I posted that one, so why not this one.

We met at Morula at a little after 7, starting by going down longrocks.
Longrocks.jpg

Longrocks_up.jpg

Longrocks is about a 7 on my difficulty meter, just a point up from coconuts aka tennis ball alley, simply cos of one steeper little bit and the fact that it is 3x the length of coconuts. 1.8km vs 600m.
Hence "Long" rocks.

We then joined the main river, past big tree, through the MX section, up to the beacon. This is the beacon posted by krazy-eyes, so we took the detour. We decided to do our civic duty and proceeded to mark the route for future riders, well with pruning shears and tape Ufudo marked while I gave moral support.

Ufudo_Mark.jpg

After that was done, we rode 3 fences (slightly wet but whooped) to the shop where we had a rest. There were about 30 million quads there, most in takkies, slops, and they had just ridden 3 Fences so the defence that they were taking it easy doesnt stand.

Anyways, through the other twisties, into the main river again.
Ufudo Playing
Ufudo_Fly.jpg

It was a pleasure to have a small group (2, maybe 1 short) and we got time to take pics as we were not waiting for people all the time.
We joined the little river, then main river, up coconuts and back.

I'm going to try post a video, this is Ufudo riding up coconuts.

If you listen to the movie, just as he gets to the end of this clip, you hear a "ting".
This is the result.
Coconut_Shark.jpg

Avatar material if ever I saw it.

Thanks for the ride dude, you kept a pace I could maintain all day, was really fun.

Because Ufudo makes it look so easy, you cant really see the rocks on the video, so here is the scenario.

Coco_down.jpg

Coco_up.jpg