Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Mighty Men Confrence 2010  (Read 697 times)

Offline atJ

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Leef!!!
Mighty Men Confrence 2010
« on: April 20, 2010, 09:18:51 am »
Amen Amen Amen, Glory to the King!  Dit was fantasties

Offline ThinkMike

• 2-wheel Addiction
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Not now honey, I'm Riding
    • Southern Africa Aventure Trips
Re: Mighty Men Confrence 2010
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 12:16:11 pm »
 :thumleft: Fantastic Ride Report!!! But thats enough now - cant keep reading and looking at all the pics!!!! :biggrin:
Sorry Babe I am still riding.

Offline XXL

• Bike: Piaggio (all models)
  • I am Blessed
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 10:16:38 am »
:thumleft: Fantastic Ride Report!!! But thats enough now - cant keep reading and looking at all the pics!!!! :biggrin:

:laughing4: :imaposer: ....I was actually looking if there was a RR on this event....mmmmmm....did anyone else attend?

Offline AntonDP

• Bike: Kawasaki Versys
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 10:21:11 am »
Yep, was there.  Took the long scenic route to get there via Bezuidenhoutspass, and then we had an awesome weekend.

Offline JOEROCKET

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 11:50:36 am »
Did the journey as well..totally solo...didn't do any gravel, though.....needed to haul ass to get there and back.

Left Paarl, WC at 15h00 on Thursday via N1. Arrived 23h00 Bloemfontein after detour over Philipolis because N1 was closed due to accident. Interesting thing happened in Leeu Gamka in the Karoo. A car was sitting behind me as I was hauling along. I was surprised that a Toyota Corolla could keep up, but I wasn't worried in the least. The car stayed behing me for about 30km before the town of Leeu Gamka. As I rolled into town, it looked as if the whole police force was staging a protest across the N1. Apparantly, as it turned out, the guy in the Corolla was a traffic cop, and he was trying to catch up to pull me over........who knew??? Needless to say, the guy was more than a little irate! He kept telling me that he did 200km/h in his Corolla, but couldn't keep up. I kept telling him that I ride a "scrambler" and there is no way in hell a scrambler can go that fast. In the end he only gave me a R500 fine for passing a truck over a solid line and he promised to get his car's speedometer checked for accuracy... . Stayed over in Bloem with family. Total Km: 950km

Friday morning - watched the Stormers Game in Bloem and left at 11h00. Arrived MMC Greytown at  18h30. Total Km 572

Saturday was spent at the MMC an had a quick 4 hour outride into the beautiful hills around Greytown.
Total Km. 135 km

Sunday morning - Left Greytown at 08h00. Decided to take the roundabout route via Pietermaritzburg. Went to see some old army haunts from back in the day.... Drove through the old Transkei and had some almost interesting encounters with goats and cattle on the road. Did a quick detour down to the coast at Coffee Bay to get a little gravel fix after so much tar. Was kinda moving at a strong pace to see how far I could get for the day. Made it all tha way down to Port Elizabeth at 19h00 before deciding to stay over. Total Km 1225 km.

Monday morning - Woke up at a leisurely 09h30 and got going at 11h00 after a quick b'fast etc. Took on the big black road again, and by now my arse was kinda numb from two long days in the saddle. Decided to take the scenic route to inclede some roads that I haven't travelled in ages....with a little of the R62 to top it all off...good times!

Arrived home at 18h00 in Paarl. Total Km 878km.

Great Weekend ....Great Ride......Total Km. 3625 km.

Handle everything in life like a dog. If you can't eat it or screw it, piss on it and walk away.

Offline XXL

• Bike: Piaggio (all models)
  • I am Blessed
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 03:15:44 pm »
JR...that was some ride. Nice report...did you have time to take pics?

Offline JOEROCKET

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 04:00:59 pm »
JR...that was some ride. Nice report...did you have time to take pics?

Not any I took myself.....there might be a few pics arriving in the mail in a week or so from different municipalities, though.

Will post these if they arrive.... :ricky:
Handle everything in life like a dog. If you can't eat it or screw it, piss on it and walk away.

Offline Fenderbender

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Robertson
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 05:02:07 pm »
 Pity I could not make it . I went last year when he was at Newlands . The vibe was just something else . Two of my neighbours went this year and they came back with smiles and tears on their faces , very emotional and changing their ways . I just love God and his way of working with people through the Holy Spirit .   :D ;D :thumleft:

Offline JacquesM

• Bike: Yamaha TW200
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 07:35:03 pm »
Oliviershoek pass

Offline JacquesM

• Bike: Yamaha TW200
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 07:38:57 pm »
We camped with friends including Johan. He was involved in a mining accident a year ago and battles to walk. (I think he also put on some weight.)

Tinus finds good use for the DRZ
« Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 08:01:17 pm by JacquesM »