Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Motorcyclist goes over cliff  (Read 532 times)

Offline Ysterman

• Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
Motorcyclist goes over cliff
« on: January 29, 2007, 02:37:16 pm »
Sad news, anybody have more info?

Sat, 27 Jan 2007
A motorcyclist was killed when he lost control of his bike and drove off a cliff in northern KwaZulu-Natal on Friday, the Road Traffic Inspectorate said.

Spokesperson Rajen Chinaboo said the man, whose details have not been released, was on his way to Villiers with several other motorcyclists to attend a motorcyclists rally.

They were on the P112, also known as the Memel Road, and heading through Botha's Pass when the tragedy happened.

Chinaboo said it was not immediately clear why he last control. None of the other cyclists were involved in the accident.

Netcare 911 spokesperson Chris Botha said the man, believed to have been in his late 20s, was critically injured and died at the scene.

Botha said paramedics had reported that the man fell 15 metres with his bike. It is believed that he had bought the bike the previous day.

Offline KiLRoy

• Rossi se Biaggi...
  • Administrator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • We need a strong man. Strong like Stalin
    • Wild Dog Adventure Riders
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 02:42:59 pm »
Chinaboo said it was not immediately clear why he last control.

It is believed that he had bought the bike the previous day

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:

H

Ps RIP

Offline buzzlightyear

• I'm Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • To infinity and beyond
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 08:35:08 pm »
Well he must have been from Newcastle or surrounding area to have gone through Botha's Pass. There are quite a few places where you can fly off, especially on a new bike and if you don't know the pass.

RIP.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Offline krazy-eyes

• Bike: BMW R1200GS
Re: Motorcyclist goes over cliff
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 10:29:26 pm »

Chinaboo said it was not immediately clear why he last control. It is believed that he had bought the bike the previous day.

um? inexperience perhaps.......???

Offline Maverick

• Slacker Extraordinaire
  • Bike: BMW R100GS / Kalahari
  • Some multi-task. I multi-slack.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 11:37:54 am »
Well it could of been a seasonal rider as well who just bought a new bike the day before :dontknow: We all f├?┬úck up sooner or later overcooking a corner or losing concentration when you most need it. I lost it through a corner at Hartebeespoort dam few years ago purely because my pillion shifted weight mid way through and lost my line - 3 compressed vertebra and broken ribs later thank you very much. Could I of avoided it, hell yeah but it is lekker to go fast through corners :D

RIP man who went over the cliff who we know nothing about :(
Maverick Disclaimer: This thread is intended for the use of the individual(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this thread is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas.