Ladies Weekend - 21/22 AUG - Gauteng - 2 DAYS TO GO!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Accom do you prefer?

• 21/22 Aug Chalet only

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • 21/22 Aug Camping/Chalet

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

Misty

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
Ok it's a GO: Ladies Weekend for 2010 - Gauteng (yes ONLY Ladies!)  :biggrin:

21/22 Aug

Ok ladies – we found an ideal destination for this year’s Ladies Weekend… a little quant town called VAL – never heard of it?! Neither have I till recently – but let’s put it on the map!!

On tar it’s about 160 km from JHB towards Greilingstad and there are loads of lovely gravel roads out that way, so we can do a nice outride there and back. For those wanting to stick to tar only, no probs either.

Accommodation:

- The old station has been converted into a comfortable backpackers – it sleeps 18 people @ R70 pppn
I have booked the backpackers – so first come first serve basis - linen supplied, but bring sleeping bag if you going to be cold

- They have also agreed that if there are an excess of 18 girls they can then camp free of charge

- Or else if you don’t want to do the backpackers or camping the alternative is:
Hotel – sleeping 2 (double bed only) @ R400.00 per room per night
Chalets – sleeping 2 (double bed only) @ R430.00 per room per night

Please let me know which accommodation you prefer – if you prefer the chalet or hotel please make your own booking – call Rita on 082 550 5540 – reference: Wilddog Ladies Weekend

Catering:

They have a lovely restaurant on the premises, so we will make use of it for all the meals.
Please feel free to bring with your own drinks should you wish to do so – there is a nice fire pit that we can kuier around.

Ride:

MEETING PLACE

Ok ladies, final update on the meeting places, etc for the LW. The route has changed slightly, so we won’t be regrouping at Delmas but instead at the N3 Total One Stop just before Heidelberg around 10h00/10h30 (left hand side facing towards DRB).

PTA girls: meet at 8h30 to depart 9h00 from Shell Garage just off the N1 at Samrand (left hand side facing JHB) – Puddles will lead

JHB girls: meet at 8h30 to depart 9h00 from Total Garage cnr Malibongwe & Witkoppen – Li will lead

PLEASE CONFIRM your attendance as well as at which meeting point we can expect you so that we don’t leave anyone behind – below an indication of the girls I know who’s where, but please still confirm if correct.

The updated list of who's who & where - please let me know if any changes by Thursday and remember the following:

- Petrol
- Cash
- Warm clothes, extra sleeping bag should you wish too (rest provided at Val)
- Water & Snacks for along the way
- Drinks for Sat eve should you wish too (but available at Val's Pub too)

Puddles - PTA
Racing Chic - PTA
tankgirl - PTA
Olive Oil - PTA
BikerSmurf - PTA
63magic – PTA
Tallies - PTA
Coyote - PTA

Misty - JHB
Taz - JHB
Collar – JHB
Li – JHB
Dakota - JHB
Malibu - JHB
GSWannabee – JHB
FireCracker – JHB
Nieuwbie + 1 - JHB
Stofadder - JHB

Ronell – FS – meeting at N3 Total
Cave Girl - meeting at N3 Total
Icemaiden + 1 - meeting at Val

REMEMBER: to bring warm clothes and your own drinks should you wish too! Rest all provided and available at Val.

PETROL: N3 Total One Stop Heidelberg will be the last fuel stop before we do the 125 km dirt route to Val. PLEASE make sure your tanks are full. For the Sunday there will be a dirt route back as well as the tar alternative for those not wanting to do dirt. I think Balfour will be the closest to fill up again, so please keep this in mind.

ATM: there is NO ATM or CC facility at VAL - please ensure to bring enough cash

Anything I forgot or anyone else gonna join??

- Open for all females whether you ride a bike or not, if you're a pillion or the daughter of or friend of a friend, etc
- It will only be a one nighter (leave early Sat morning and back Sun afternoon)
- You are more than welcome to go in your car if you don’t want to ride there and back
- For those riding the idea is to do a group ride to the venue, leave early Saturday morning (it wont be too far from JHB 2/3 hrs max – venue TBC)
- We have a nice supper and social the afternoon/evening
- Ride back the Sunday - breakfast either there or enroute

RR to LW 2009 https://wilddog.net.za/forum/index.php?topic=36157.0

JHBtoVALtar-1.jpg

Attachments

• VALa.jpg
    VALa.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 490
  • VALb.jpg
    VALb.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 483