MONTAGU NATIONAL ENDURO on SAT 24 APRIL - MY REPORT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustBendIt

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 690 Adventure
I have just got back from Montagu and am absolutely knackered

This was my second ever enduro (after Bredasdorp) and my first ever National

I only rode 1 lap of 58 km in 5 hours - bike computer said I was only moving for 2 hrs 56 min of those 5 hours - that means I was standing still, lying down, falling off bike, picking up bike, pushing bike, kicking bike or just plain resting for 2 hours.

I noticed there are quite a few rocks in this part of the world - from small little golf ball size motherf£$%^s to big bad ass car size ones - and I rode, sweated, grunted, pushed, cried, stumbled, fell and eventually made it over all of them

My KDX performed faultlessly and ran like a swiss watch. Nearly ran out of fuel even though I started with a full tank - the rocks are thirsty - all the 2 strokes left a fuel/oil slick down the river beds from their dripping carbs.

I however was the weak link but enjoyed myself tremendously - I rode my bike in and out of places that I never thought I would be able to ride a motorcycle. I am very proud of my 1 lap.

Big thanks to everyone involved - JP, Garth Londt, Clint Rieper & co (to only name a few) - you guys did one helluva job

Well done to Jade Gutzeit for the win and to our own Gary Sox Smith for winning the Masters - you guys are inspiration to me and I could only gasp in amazement and sheer disbelief when you came past to lap me, not once but twice

I will do a second lap of Montagu - but that will have to wait for 2011

Right now I'm off to my shrink to see if he can help me with the recurring nightmares I have of rocks, rocks and more rocks !!!
Tel: 021 701 5513