Sunday ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skipskop

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
The weather here in E C was too good to stay home today so I decided to visit friends at Eerste Rivier in the Tsetsikame today.I started off here in J Bay and the plan was to ride the dirt road via Oesterbaai .
After the first part of dirt between Paradisebeach and Humansdorp I decided the bike was going to shake apart if I continue on the dirt. I fitted the al-cheapo top box from my old scooter yesterday as a temporary till the one I order arrives and it was shaking so violently it looked like it wanted jump off, so I decided to turn onto the tar ,R330 to Humansdorp  ,from Humansdorp. I took the old Cape road,R102, instead of the N2 towards Plett and turned left onto the R402 to Eersterivier. All the dirt roads in our area ate badly corrugated and potholed after the rain we had here the last couple of days so tar roads it was for me for the day.We had a nice potjie and some good company made for another enjoyable day .
I noticed a bolt missing from the KLR`s carrier rack mounting and one of the guys came to the rescue with a bolt from his toolbox for a temporary fix.So the dirt road did do it`s part to try and destroy the KLR :mad:
I left to return home at 3pm and took the R403 to Kareedouw over the mountain and turned right on the R62 towards Humansdorp and turned left again on the R102 towards Jeffreysbay.Back at J Bay I decided to go see if there was any action at the airfield at Paradise beach but only found this nice Jabi standing all lonely and tucked in for the night.Here follows a couple of pics just to make the waalis jealous >:D.

Attachments

• Paradise to Humansdorp rd.jpg
    Paradise to Humansdorp rd.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 119
  • KLR-at Eerste rivier.jpg
    KLR-at Eerste rivier.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 118
  • KLR-falling apart.jpg
    KLR-falling apart.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 117
  • Eersterivier-cottage.jpg
    Eersterivier-cottage.jpg