Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: 3rd National Offroad - Mafikeng 400 - Help requested -PLEEEEASE !!!  (Read 1769 times)

Offline Plothond

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1090 Adventure R
  • I was powerslide pozer KING & TV personality
The 3rd Motorcycle National offroad is in Mafikeng on the 8th May - approx 10 days from now

Our team - LCP/Infraset/STI Racing has entered 4 bike riders and two quads
I will be competing on a bike in the seniors class and as long as I don't come stone last -I'll be happy  8)

The layout of the race is a bit different and there will be 2 outside pits on the one loop and one outside on the other loop making it 4 in total
Our normal groupies  ;D who follow us around are all otherwise tied-up that weekend

We require the help of 4 (or more) helpers to man the outside pits and assist with refuels, cleaning goggles  etc
This would require you to arrive on Friday afternoon (7th), help on the Saturday, party Sat night and return home anytime on Sunday

In return we offer our "limited edition" LCP Racing Pit shirt  :biggrin: :ricky: , camping with our world famous team  :peepwall: about 30km from the race venue, a braai on both Friday and Sat nights and Sat AM breakfast.
You need to bring a tent, sleeping bag, lots of humour and your own "refreshments"
If the Sat night party at the race venue is not up to scratch, we promise a jol at our campsite

Come see the top National riders - Jade Gudzeit, Louwrens Mahony, Riaan van Niekerk, and of course ourselves  :biggrin: ;D  8) in action

I need committments by this Friday please
Please reply on this thread

Cheers,

I used to be indecisive, but I'm not so sure anymore

The butcher backed into the meat grinder and got a little behind in his work

Offline Malibu

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Matchless (all models)
  • Just a girl on a bike!
Re: 3rd National Offroad - Mafikeng 400 - Help requested -PLEEEEASE !!!
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 06:49:43 am »
Sorry guys, tied up with training that weekend...

Please guys, Plottie has the best pits ever!  And the comraderie and professionalism of the team is really impressive.  Grub is fantastic and it really is the sort of experience you will totally enjoy and remember!!

Help them out, they are seriously in need of assistance and you will really have a fantastic time!

I know, I did!   :thumleft:
They call me Judy or Judes...

You need chaos in your soul to birth a shining star!

Offline Plothond

• Race Dog
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 06:57:49 am »
Thanks Malibu,
Vryburg was an absolute cracker from an entertainment perspective. Pity that even your dancing on the container did not fix the bikes. We hope to have a better run this time.

Mafikeng will probably be the last "2-stroke breaker" - The Northern Province races are all flat-out
After Mafikeng we go to Lesotho, Hluhluwe, Brits and Ceres. These are all of a more technical nature and should favour the 2 strokes more

Offline GRIM

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 07:48:29 am »
I will have to check with the minister, but chances are slim - got a sons birthday party on the 9th.

Will see if I can help out & duck on Saturday night.
Alcohol is essentially nature’s Leatt Brace – with it, you might not be able to move worth sh*t, but you can take a slam or two and be no worse for the wear.

Offline Huggels

• The Friendly
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Be a man what counts
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 07:58:22 am »
Plottie laat ek myself nomineer as n kanidaat asb. Wil net seker maak oor my eksamens in Mei maar sal rerig dit bietjie weer wil beleef, het enduro gedoen toe ek jonger was maar amateur en vir fun so dit sal lekker wees.

Offline Plothond

• Race Dog
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 09:41:40 pm »
Plottie laat ek myself nomineer as n kanidaat asb. Wil net seker maak oor my eksamens in Mei maar sal rerig dit bietjie weer wil beleef, het enduro gedoen toe ek jonger was maar amateur en vir fun so dit sal lekker wees.

Thanks man - you very welcome
I can arrange transport to Mafikeng, or you come on the bike

There is also a vehicle going back to pretoria on Sat night

I'll post directions in the next few days

Offline Etienne2T

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 09:59:42 pm »
Best of luck with the race, a national 'offroad' is going to be some pretty fast stuff! Respect to you!

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 06:39:35 am »
Great to hear you are back on board plottie  :thumleft:

I wish I could be there :( , would love to help (and race :ricky:).
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline GRIM

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 08:10:30 am »
Sorry, I am out. I was hoping to sort out my work life to be up in Swartruggens for that week, then just extend the trip a bit, but instead it looks like I'll be in Theunisen  ::)

Sorry.

Alcohol is essentially nature’s Leatt Brace – with it, you might not be able to move worth sh*t, but you can take a slam or two and be no worse for the wear.

Offline Malibu

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Matchless (all models)
  • Just a girl on a bike!
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 08:22:11 am »
Oh heng guys, there must be 2 guys willing to sit out in the bush, under an awning... cooler box, chairs, great environment, terrific food, great crowd... evening entertainment provided. 
The smell of fuel, burnt rubber, sweating men, etc, etc... in the day, the smell of beer and braai in the evening... what more could you ask for? 

:)
They call me Judy or Judes...

You need chaos in your soul to birth a shining star!

Offline ROOI

• Race Dog
  • KTM 990 S KTM 500 EXC AKA Red Rider
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 08:47:06 am »
Hey plottie Kurt het conections in daai area ,het julle toe die Kwat uitgesort ,en wat het die melt down veroorsaak?
FTS

Offline gser

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R80GS
  • Gelukkig nog nie hard GeSloeg nie
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 11:40:44 am »

Has anybody entered the two Adventure Bike classes Plottie?

Offline Roof of Africa

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 06:12:16 pm »
PREVIEW: MAFIKENG 400
3rd Round of the 2010 SA National Off-road Motorcycle & Quad Championships
7 & 8 May 2010 (Mafikeng, North-West Province)

CURRENT LEADERS, CHAMPIONS AND FORMER CHAMPS IN ACTION AT MAFIKENG 400

Current leaders of the 2010 SA National Off-road Motorcycle and Quad Championships as well as defending and former champions and even past race winners, who have not been in action for a while, will be in action at the Mafikeng 400, the third round of the national championships that takes place on 7 and 8 May in the North-West Province.

DCM Yamaha’s Jade Gutzeit and Louwrens Mahoney has been dominating the season so far and while Mahoney would like to repeat his 2009 result by winning at Mafikeng again, a national victory in this area has evaded Gutzeit and he would like to add a victory in the North-West Province to his list.

They can expect competition from the 2008 Mafikeng race winner, Clayton Enslin, who will team up with the rest of the Brother KTM team including the current 250cc class champ and 2009 overall winner of the motorcycle category, Riaan van Niekerk and the enduro ace, Altus de Wet.
The KTM contingent will be out in full force with another former champion, Spencer Kriel (ORD/Insurance Zone/Pro Action KTM) aiming for a repetition of his recent Kalahari 400 podium position and Marius Venter (JCP Steel KTM) who finished in the top ten at the season opener.

In the quad category, Mafikeng winners from as far back as 2003 will be in action. Last year’s winner, Brian Baragwanath (EMD Racing Lonestar Pep Yamaha) would not only like to add another race victory to his earlier win this year, but would like to keep his lead in the overall standings. Brother KTM’s Brendan Badenhorst has won here in 2006 and 2008 and will provide stiff competition while the winner of the recent Kalahari 400, Leander Pienaar (Connix Internet Can-Am) would aim to win again.

It will only be the second Mafikeng outing for the 2009 overall quad category winner and 450cc class champ, Dirkie Baard (Honda Windhoek) who has just returned from the USA after finishing eighth in the Pro ATV Class at a WORCS race while another former champion, Shaun Gunther – the 2003 Mafikeng winner and 2008 overall quad winner – is back from England and he might cause an upset competing on a Can-Am DS450 in the Pro 450 (Q1) Class.

The competition at the front of the quad category is fierce with riders like Quad Revolution/Race Nation Honda’s Juan Coetzee and Kyle-James Holburn (Suzuki); FD Racing’s Danie Coetzer (KTM) and Boesman Racing’s Jacques Struwig (Hybrid) all leading a race at some stage this year.

On two wheels there are also a few dark horses who have shown intent of scoring good results this season. These include the Webster brothers Christopher and Jonathan (Mick’s Motorcycles Yamaha) as well as Theo Potgieter and Laurence Murton (Ramco Cayenne Honda) while Wynand Delport (BMW) will also be back in action after an injury.
Kawasaki racers Bollie van Rooyen (The Roost/Out of Africa Dev) and Gavin Louw (The Roost) have yet to get onto the podium this year while Wade Blaauw (Connix Internet/Salley’s Yamaha) is getting back into the swing of racing after recovering from a serious injury last year.

The class championships are now in full swing – Gutzeit and Mahoney are tied in the OR1 Open Class while Van Niekerk is fighting off Venter and the experienced racer, Alex Vowles (FDBR Racing Yamaha) in the OR2 250cc Class. In the OR3 200cc Class Ruan Roberts (Brother KTM) leads Bradley van Aswegen (DCM Yamaha) and youngster Jarryd Coetzee (Miller Moore Honda Sandton) while Dominic Mantle (Yamaha Support) leads Charan Moore (Connix Internet/Salley’s Yamaha)  and local racer, Kent Plecia (Mafikeng Dirt Riders Honda) in the OR4 125cc Class.

The current Senior Class title holder, Wayne Farmer (World of Accessories Gas Gas) is playing second fiddle to Errol Dalton (Connix Internet/Salley’s Yamaha) – Guy Henley (The Roost/Out of Africa Dev Kawasaki) is currently third with Brian Bader (The Roost Kawasaki) having to make up points to get onto the championship podium.

Henk Leenstra (ECS/Alfie Cox KTM) is leading the Master Class championship while Timothy Young (Xtreme Yamaha) is the Silver Challenge leader.

In the Senior Quad Class the 2009 champion, Paul Chomse, has entered his Laeger’s Banshee again after not competing in the first two events this season. This might be a cause of concern for the class leader, Colin Joubert (JAG Quad Racing Suzuki) who finished the 2009 season as the runner-up behind Chomse. Jam Burger (Can-Am) and CJ Smith (EMD Racing Lonestar Pep Suzuki) will also have to fight to keep their current podium positions.

The Master Class (quad) championship has seen some serious competition with Clive Crouse (JAG Quad Racing Yamaha) leading Kobus Visser (Eco 4x4 Powersport Can-Am) and Jurie Meyer (Yamaha) and more than 15 riders will again tackle this event.

The Mafikeng 400 will also form the third round of the Southern Off-road Championship (SORC) as well as the AMU Championship with various racers from Kenya, Zambia and Namibia. The race will start with a time-trial on Friday (7 May) that will determine the starting order for the 400km main race on Saturday (8 May) where the first riders will be off at 07h30.

End

Issued by ETdotKomm
(Elza Thiart Kommunikations Tel: 082 4588 517 / etdotkomm@worldonline.co.za)
For more information visit www.mqorcommission.co.za / www.platinumoffroad.co.za

Offline Roof of Africa

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2010, 06:13:16 pm »
MAFIKENG 400
African Motorcycle Union (AMU) Championship
3rd Round of the Southern Off-road Championship (SORC)
7 & 8 May 2010
Mafikeng (North-West Province)

KENYA, ZAMBIA, NAMIBIA AND SOUTH AFRICA WILL FIGHT FOR TITLES

Teams from as far as Kenya, Zambia and Namibia will compete in the Mafikeng 400 African Motorcycle Union (AMU) Championship that will take place in conjunction with the Mafikeng 400, the third round of the 2010 SA National Off-road Championships for motorcycle and quad competitors on 7 and 8 May in the North-West Province.

The Mafikeng 400 will also form the third round of the Southern Off-road Championship (SORC) and competitors have already competed in Ermelo (Mpumalanga, South Africa) and Windhoek (Namibia).

The AMU championship is a once-off event that takes place annually and teams consisting of five competitors competing in three classes (two motorcycle classes and one quad class) from African countries compete for the title. This year Harry Guelker (KTM) is the lonely entrant from Kenya in the B2 (motorcycle) Class for bikes with engines smaller than 250cc.

Namibia will be out in full force with Zose Texeira, Kai Hennes, Bjorn Bierbrauer, Henner Rusch and Heiko Hennes all competing on Honda two-wheelers. In the quad category (Class B3) Jaco Snyman, Jannes Augustyn; Lois Marius Steyl and Bart Louis Steyl will take on the rest on their Honda quads.

A team from Zambia will also visit South Africa with Barrett Maddocs (KTM); Kevin Mulders (Honda); Alan Gordon (KTM); Dale Holliday (KTM); Rainer Ihaman (KTM); Ryan Stasser (KTM) and Yamaha racers; Paddy Fisher and Nicholas Heygate all competing in the two motorcycle classes.

The motorcycle competitors will take on the likes of DCM Yamaha’s Louwrens Mahoney and Jade Gutzeit who are in the same class than Brother KTM’s Riaan van Niekerk and Clayton Enslin with Spencer Kriel (ORD/Insurance Zone/Pro Action KTM) making up the five-man Class B2 team.

Class B1 will see Brother KTM’s Ruan Roberts and Ramco Cayenne Honda’s Jonathan van Wyk and Brandon Bouwer teaming up with Yamaha racers Bradley van Aswegen (DCM Yamaha) and Juan Wilken (Shimwells Yamaha) to take on the rest of the African teams.

South Africa will push a strong Class B3 (quad) team consisting of various current and former champions into the field – Dirkie Baard (Windhoek Honda) will compete against his Namibian counterparts and will be supported by Brian Baragwanath (EMD Racing Lonestar Pep Yamaha); Brendan Badenhorst (Brother KTM); Jacques Struwig (Boesman Racing Suzuki) and Juan Coetzee (Quad Revolution Race Nation Honda).

The Mafikeng 400 will also see various South African entries into the SORC leg of the Mafikeng 400 where JAG Quad Racing’s Clive Crouse (Yamaha) and Colin Joubert (Suzuki) from Cape Town are between the leaders in the Masters and Senior Classes.

All the South African competitors will also compete in the national championship leg of the Mafikeng 400 that will start on Friday, 7 May with a short time-trial that will determine the starting order for the main race on Saturday (8 May) where the first competitors will tackle the 400km route from 07h30.

The time-trial will take place at the Mafikeng Club on the outskirts of Mafikeng while the start and finish of the main event as well as the central service point will be on the opposite side of Mafikeng at Disaneng Dam.

End

Issued by ETdotKomm (Elza Thiart Kommunikations).
Elza Thiart (Tel: 082 4588 517 / etdotkomm@worldonline.co.za)

Offline Roof of Africa

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2010, 06:15:41 pm »

Entry list at

http://www.mqoecommission.co.za/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=86

Offline Plothond

• Race Dog
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2010, 09:50:03 pm »
Hey plottie Kurt het conections in daai area ,het julle toe die Kwat uitgesort ,en wat het die melt down veroorsaak?

Ja, we are staying on the connections farm. This does worry me "ever so slightly" as the connection "het nie brieke nie"
But that is Saturday nights worry  :biggrin:

Yes the Kwat is sorted
It's actualy amazing that it takes MAJOR time, effort and money to sort out a sometimes insignificant problem
It basically boiled (excuse the pun) down to 2 things:
a. a faulty CDI
b. a miniscule leak in the clutch hydraulic line

I must PRAISE KTM PRO-ACTION with their sterling efforts in helping us find the problems

I want to make a prediction - if the plumbers kwat is definately sorted - We WILL be bringing a trophy home on Sat !!!!

For the rest of us - the two 250's are raring to go. The race preps are being finalised and the suspensions come back from the guru's tomorrow.
Me, well..... the BUFF MAN killed me in the Gym again tonight, so I'll take it easier for the rest of the week and hope for a finish on Sat

Mafikeng is said to be one of the toughest in the series .......... 

Offline Plothond

• Race Dog
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2010, 09:59:03 pm »

Not sure,
But likely to be the same 2 (or 3) that entered the Vryburg 400
Ron Baily from The Roost is sure to be there

The KTM 690 is perfect for this race

Offline GlenInk

• Elliot`s only
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLE 500
  • R.I.P. 02/02/2012
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2010, 10:15:29 pm »
Plottie I`d so love to help you out on that weekend but I`m in Elliot.   :'(

Mafikeng is a bit far . . .  :'(

Maybe if you guys do something closer to my part of the world  :thumleft:
Quote from: buzzlightyear
"Does your ass not get jealous of all the crap that comes out of your mouth?" 

Put brain into gear before opening mouth !   Believe it, cos its true !     Yamaha IT 200; Kawasaki KLE 500 The Ox Wagon  

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2010, 03:54:19 am »
Plottie what will you be riding this weekend? (Or should I say powerslide pozing ;D )
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline ROOI

• Race Dog
  • KTM 990 S KTM 500 EXC AKA Red Rider
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2010, 08:56:50 am »

Ja, we are staying on the connections farm. This does worry me "ever so slightly" as the connection "het nie brieke nie"
But that is Saturday nights worry  :biggrin:

Yes the Kwat is sorted
It's actualy amazing that it takes MAJOR time, effort and money to sort out a sometimes insignificant problem
It basically boiled (excuse the pun) down to 2 things:
a. a faulty CDI
b. a miniscule leak in the clutch hydraulic line

I must PRAISE KTM PRO-ACTION with their sterling efforts in helping us find the problems

I want to make a prediction - if the plumbers kwat is definately sorted - We WILL be bringing a trophy home on Sat !!!!

For the rest of us - the two 250's are raring to go. The race preps are being finalised and the suspensions come back from the guru's tomorrow.
Me, well..... the BUFF MAN killed me in the Gym again tonight, so I'll take it easier for the rest of the week and hope for a finish on Sat

Mafikeng is said to be one of the toughest in the series .......... 
Good luck with races and the brieke. I will be holding thumbs for u guys .And a big up to pro-action  :thumleft:
FTS