Author Topic: Tyres  (Read 374 times)

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
Tyres
« on: January 31, 2007, 10:04:50 am »
So, now that I've got your attention, the tyre in question is of a size that might be foreign to this forum - it's a 180/55ZR17, and being the Bridgestone convert that I am, I was wondering, from those in the know, whether a Michelin Pilot Power would do the business?  I currently have a Bridgestone Battlax BT014 on, but I feel that it is a little soft for the daily commute, so I'd go for a BT020 rather, but I can't find any anywhere...

So, any opinions?
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.

Offline SuperJuice

• I R POZER (with no fooking bike)
  • Bike: New Hudson (all models)
  • His Eminence & Founder of Boobism
Tyres
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 10:07:56 am »
I recall seeing 020's in the size at Full Throttle in Edenvale. (011) 452-2397/7716
At the feast of ego everyone leaves hungry.

Offline CrazyPorra

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure S
  • The Mutton Man
Tyres
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 11:07:40 am »
S#it tyre in the rain(puddles) the 020 and it don't really last much longer, very impressed with the Michelin Power sport i think they called.

Offline buzzlightyear

• I'm Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • To infinity and beyond
Tyres
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2007, 11:11:59 am »
My first thought was "How the hell are you going to fit a 180 inside the KLE swingarm?", but then I realised you're probably talking about a roadbike.

Not much useful info from me I'm afaid. :roll:
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
Tyres
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2007, 11:40:06 am »
I actually have quite a lot of respect for the BT020s, always used them on my Triumph Sprint RS, and always pretty sure-footed, rain or shine, plus got about 10 000 km out of a rear!

I think I'll settle for Michelin Pilot Road though, Motorcycle Toy Store in Centurion (3 blocks from my office) have a special on for a front and rear at R 1450 fitted!  :D
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.