Rayton and on through Boekenhoutskloof

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidetrack

Grumpy Mutt
Reaction score
What do you do when you have a cold and it looks like rain .... go riding offcourse :D Well I have new sprockets and chain on my bike and the weekend only comes along once a week so why not. Due to me feeling under the weather I decided to keep the trip short but still ended up doing close to 150 clicks.

I took the secondary road to Rayton and hooked a left at the first robot and found my first dirt for the day. This must be the best roadsign a ds rider can come across.

DSCF4897.jpg

The dirtroad stretches into the distance running through farm fields, the road was very busy as it leads right into Rayton.

DSCF4898.jpg

Looks like rain but who cares :D

DSCF4899.jpg

DSCF4900.jpg

I came to the tar road and had to get the map out, yes a map. When I grow up I'm getting a GPS with a built in map :lol:

DSCF4903.jpg

I tried my best memorising the map because stopping and getting the map out of the backpack was a real pita ! Soon I found the dirt stretch I was looking for that ran alongside a small river. This are is known as Boekenhoutskloof and the light drizzle from this morning meant there were no dust at all.

I like exploring new tracks especially the ones you normally ride past so when I spotted this one I had to have a go.

DSCF4904.jpg

It even came with it's own warning sign, luckily I was sure the bridge would carry my 140 kg DRZ :shock:

DSCF4905.jpg

It was a perfect place to take a break and just sit and ponder. Nice little river that ran under the bridge.

DSCF4906.jpg

The birds were chirping and the river babbling, at times like these all seems right with the world !

DSCF4908.jpg

DSCF4907.jpg

DSCF4909.jpg

Further along the road I stopped to take some more pics.

DSCF4910.jpg

DSCF4912.jpg

I decided to head back to the main dirt road and see where it went. I noticed a small path heading to the right and noticed some muddy patches, I promptly had some flashbacks from the Canal ride :shock: :D

DSCF4917.jpg

Turned out to be a fun ride.

DSCF4916.jpg

I really like this pic.

DSCF4915.jpg

I saw the tar up ahead and decided to turn around and head home, I had alot of fun and there were plenty of dirt still to ride but I'll leave that for another day when the pesky flue is gone. Two last pics before I made for home.

DSCF4920.jpg

DSCF4919.jpg

Only had a few drops of rain near Pretoria, all in all a great little ride.