We take Hoofseuns trip and head out via the Tonteldoos to Elandskrantz

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mother

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Harley Davidson (all models)
We take Hoofseuns trip and head out via the Tonteldoos to Elandskrantz

As it would happen Hoofseun organises a one nite stand to Elandskrantz (Bungalow/Camp spot just above Waterval Boven) with a few souls. So we all make the arrangements and decide to leave from various points.....unfortunately on 11th hr something came up for the Hoof again so he couldn’t make it....anyway we had it in our plan to go riding so Skati ,me and Turtle headed off in Loskop direction to do a nice loop from Pretoria via Tonteldoos/Lydenburg/Sodwala Caves and then Waterval Boven to meet up with the rest of the folks
The weather forecast said, good weather, after all the rain we were having ,so I was optimistic that we wouldn’t hit too much mud(ja sure)I should have known better….
Just out from Bronkhorstspruit we stopped at General Hertzog family graves to pay our respect and  show Turtle as he was new to this area
hertzoggraves.jpg

Small word when you out biking the country side for the weekend you see other nice people having a good time.....
People we met on the ride
meetfriends.jpg

On to Loskop
nearloskop.jpg

Loskop dam in the background
loskop.jpg

We then headed off in search of more gravel in the direction towards Dullstroom......it was fairly dry and a nice hot day to be enjoying DS riding
Chilling out en route Tonteldoos
breakunderatree.jpg

At the sign to Tonteldoos
signtonteldoos.jpg

The best surprise of our trip was meeting Daphne at the cute little restaurant in Tonteldoos which used to be a General dealer and has been a registered business since 1914....we had a brilliant breakfast/lunch and Daphne’s hospitality was amazing.....I highly recommend a visit here
Me and Turtle with Daphne….”Mayoress” of tonteldoos
daphnetonteldoos.jpg

A true surprise to see this place in the middle of no where
tonteldoos.jpg

Box of surprises/box of tricks....a tonteldoos
tontelrest.jpg

After the meal and relaxing a bit we hit the road to Lydenburg.......mmmmm it’s got a new name now and all signs read Mashishing....... Very confusing to say the least...since I was last in the area
Lydenburg or now Mashishing
lydenburgnewname.jpg

In Lydenburg /Mashishing......u turn right towards Machadadorp then immediately left on the gravel and follow the signs to Nelspruit and you go over the pass on the right of Long Tom through the forest road it is amazing and worth the ride....we took this option
On the top of the mountain we rode into clouds
rollinclouds.jpg

ridingintheclouds.jpg

inclouds.jpg

inaforrest.jpg

By the time we met up with all the other folks it was dark but we were glad we had taken the scenic route there
At the supper….steak and ribs the best
Turtle/Mother/Skati/Misty/Escape/Werf Etter 2/Renee
groupie.jpg

Supper was amazing and we watched the Sharks thump the Stormers.......sad man......
Werf and the twins
shaunandtwins.jpg

It was nice meeting everyone….and some for the first time and it turned out again that Wild dogs are nice people....Escape/Misty/Renee/Werf Etter 2(needs new handle) Turtle/Skati and me
Our “camp” spot
campsiteelandskranz.jpg

groupienexday.jpg

The next day we headed towards Badplaas taking the scenic.....mud route and things just got worse as we rode along the road.....there had been a hail storm recently and the road was in poor condition....
groupmudpic.jpg

slicks.jpg

I christened my Rally Pro 3 twat suite  and went down with Skati on the back....lucky we basically put the Gs down.... but a very kak feeling in the gut just before u do........
mudfall.jpg

mud.jpg

Some hail …the cause of all the mud
hail.jpg

Misty on her Suzuki DR 650
misty.jpg

Escape…check out the slicks on his machine
escape.jpg

Breakfast eventually
breakfastatbadplaas.jpg

Finally we all got to Badplaas where we had breakfast and relaxed a bit......it was getting late so we all said our good byes and headed for home......I got home around 3pm and had enough time to clean my bike for the next trip
Big thanks it was nice meeting the old Dogs.....till next time
My new sticker
newsticker.jpg