Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: BMW S1000RR a new take!  (Read 2422 times)

Offline 2 Stroke Dan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT600
  • bekyk die wereld deur n opgewasemde bril.
Re: BMW S1000RR a new take!
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2010, 08:01:50 pm »
Blingking, you probably meant you're use to keyboard jocks who call names and run.......look at all my posts, despite your opinion of me, I am no name-caller. That seem a cowardly thing to do.

And a buddy just reminded me to keep in mind that it would be unfair to expect of BMW to compete with the SAME horsepower as the competition.
If BMW had a rugby team, it would have at least 20 players in the team at one time.

Where BMW do compete on equal ground[WSB], well we know of their woes.....
As ek jy was sou ek nie so gelyk het nie.

Offline BennNevis

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2010, 08:20:36 pm »
I have seen a lot of engines seeping oil into the airbox and smoking like hell afterwards, of course that's the explanation. Here I am thinking a 4stroke smoking like a overrich stroker has a stuffed motor. Probably exactly what happened to TBK's cousin"s R1.........

Probably, exactly? Here you go again assuming things.However, I shall refrain from calling you numbnuts!
The bike in question had serious mechanical damage, so much so, that the head was replaced, reluctantly under warrantee. He is in process discussing this matter with the ombudsman, as the repairs done to the engine appears to be less than min. standard.
He has been for a test ride on the bmw, and cannot stop talking about the bmer. Apart from the amazing performance, handling and so on he likes the idea of having a really good dealer network, properly trained staff, decent workshops able to service more than say 2 bike at a time.

Offline 2 Stroke Dan

• Race Dog
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2010, 08:44:56 pm »
You do have a point in regard to BM's good service network, TBK. However, like anything else, a product or service only exist where it is needed.
If your vehicles really had no reliability issues, would BMW assist be neccesary? How did us Jap riders get along all these years? Are we really that much better looking after ourselves?
Imagine having Yamaha assist!! that bakkie and trailer will stand in the yard and rust to bits through sheer unuse.

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2010, 08:51:53 pm »
So just for the record is it ok to refer to 2SD as NUMBNUTS? :biggrin:

No, it is against forum rules to call people insulting names...take note, BlingKing....

Wazzup Adventurer - did you not read this part?

"Just as a pont of reference "GOOGLE IT NUMBNUTS" is a generic term used on just about every forum I know of and there are a couple of my buddies who have it as an avatar even......."

Or must I go sit in the corner and write lines ?????   :deal:

Questioning a mod is also against the rules. The reference matters not, it is deemed an insult and not allowed.
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline BennNevis

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2010, 08:54:40 pm »
You do have a point in regard to BM's good service network, TBK. However, like anything else, a product or service only exist where it is needed.
If your vehicles really had no reliability issues, would BMW assist be neccesary? How did us Jap riders get along all these years? Are we really that much better looking after ourselves?
Imagine having Yamaha assist!! that bakkie and trailer will stand in the yard and rust to bits through sheer unuse.

Whatever dude, this is schoolboy stuff :BangHead:

Offline 2 Stroke Dan

• Race Dog
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2010, 08:57:59 pm »
It is rather, hey?

Offline Giepie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Life's the gift, use it or loose it!
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2010, 10:11:29 pm »
A wise guy once said, "People can't learn something what they believe they already know."  :imaposer:  :mwink:

BMW S1000RR  :drif:
Giepie

Offline tau

• hasbeen and a
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
  • The Tool from Tulbagh
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2010, 10:36:39 pm »
Now I like 2st dan as he has knowledge of the classics and I would like to extract some more info from him.

I do however like the s1000rr very much brilliant report saw the one at biketique in race trim and Donfords first demo that has been sold in white with red and blue graphix. This is a small bike with plenty omf. I was however not awarded a test as I deliverd my crashed Hp on the same day.

Offline 2 Stroke Dan

• Race Dog
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2010, 11:06:17 pm »
Taste vary and thank someone for that. The BMW S1000RR is a classic in the way the 1985 Suzuki GSX-R 750 was. The Suzuki was a huge leap forward in technology and performance and so is the Beemer. No surprise, since BMW motorsport has a wealth of knowledge in the field of F1 engines, and this experience has obviously been called upon by the motorcycle division. That they got the chassis so right is just another feather in their caps. It is simultaneously a brutally fast and attractive motorcycle.

Offline Moondog

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Super Adventure
  • AKA : Tony
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2010, 05:31:00 am »
Please go and introduce yourself in the "New Member" section before posting here. And while you are at it, please let us know what you did with 2SD and why you are using his name.
Life is tough - get a helmet!

Offline Coala

« Reply #70 on: May 26, 2010, 08:05:00 am »
Taste vary and thank someone for that. The BMW S1000RR is a classic in the way the 1985 Suzuki GSX-R 750 was. The Suzuki was a huge leap forward in technology and performance and so is the Beemer. No surprise, since BMW motorsport has a wealth of knowledge in the field of F1 engines, and this experience has obviously been called upon by the motorcycle division. That they got the chassis so right is just another feather in their caps. It is simultaneously a brutally fast and attractive motorcycle.

I think this is the most valid thing you have said on the RR to date

Offline Hentie @ Riders

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2010, 08:22:35 am »

Jis 2SD ek dink my oe verneuk my want ek kan nie glo jy het iets goeds oor BMW gese nie  :hello2:  :salut:  :biggrin:

Offline Bus

• 'Tsek!!!
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Husaberg (all models)
  • Fokken Main Moegoe
« Reply #72 on: May 26, 2010, 08:35:20 am »
Julle ouens is darem maar gullible...
Maak soos Dr Phil sÍ: "Hou op om 'n do0s te wees..."

Offline Jovan

« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2010, 08:49:20 pm »

Mmm... I think identity theft.....

2SD who is stealing your logon?

Offline IceCreamMan

• Pawn star
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Triumph (all models)
  • What me worry?
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2010, 07:13:16 am »
323 km/h !!!!!

how fast would that  be taking overread into consideration?

things must happen very fast at that speed , what if something went pear shape?

Born to lose, live to win!!

Offline Aquatic

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
    • Ratel Engineering Design
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2010, 11:48:33 am »
323 km/h !!!!!

how fast would that  be taking overread into consideration?

things must happen very fast at that speed , what if something went pear shape?

Or I R Sinclear happened to be there with a laser?
The conundrum that is life...
You have to be absolutely smashed to have the guts to attempt it,
But perfectly sober to achieve any success!