Traffic Officer Sinclair on the News again (CAPE TALK 567)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
At about 08H50 this morning, a lady, Ray, from Constantia phoned into Cape Talk Radio 567. She had just had a run in with a terribly rude and agressive Traffic Officer by the name of Officer Sinclair, and she was traumatised by the way he had treated her...!!!

Apparently she claimed that he stopped her, for no reason whatsover and demanded to see her Drivers License. She fumbled around looking for her license in her handbag but after a few minutes he became impatient and issued he with a "ticket" for not having a Drivers License and another "ticket" for having a Cell Phone in her hand.

When she eventually found her license, he (Officer Sinclair) refused to look at it. She says that she was in such a state that she managed to stop a passing motorist, a "white" man and explained the situation to him. Apparently, Officer Sinclair spoke nicely to the "white man" but was still very rude to her.

She decided to phone Aden Thomas at Cape Talk Radio 567, who put her live, on the "air" to explain the situation. Her obviously stoked it up a lot as well.

Within 5 minutes, about 4 or 5 other Folk who had also had a run in at some stage with Officer Sinclair, also phoned in and had a gripe. Seems like Aden Thomas from 567 is going to take up the matter further tomorrow morning with Cape Town Traffic to find out why this particular individual lacks such decent "people" skills, etc and after all the complaints, why is he still on the job...!!!

Now, to date, I have seen Officer Sinclair around when I have been out on the Bike quite a few times. I once, even took the liberty of asking him why hear wears a Leat Brace but no ATTGAT...!
He didnt answer me but he appeared quite friendly toward me but then again, I havnt yet had the misfortune of getting on his wrong side.

The situation I assume that went down this morning, was that he saw this lady yacking on her cell phone, while driving, then decided to pull her over. She gave him attitude and he thought, "cocks this" and nailed her proper...!!!

So it seems he is stuffed if he does his job and he is stuffed if he doesnt.

Look forward to the next episode of this saga on Cape Talk 567, tomorrow morning......!