The Red Calf gets Babtized

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miena Moo

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F650GS / Dakar
We were off early this morning after having a cuppa.After the week I had (with all three the kids suffering from GASTRO, and having to spend a night in the hospital with the eldest) I think me and Groenie was looking forward to it.

We left Centurion via Erasmia and hit the dirt! My first time with the Red Calf on dirt.Very nice dirt road I have to say.

gr035.jpg

In the beginning it felt scary but I kept a comfortable speed of 60km and manage to enjoy it.Had a tricky bit in the end with lots off rocks, and for some reason there was some heavy traffic on the road as well.

We then set off for Harties.Lekker stretch of tar, had breakfast just on the other side of the dam wall.Saw a big group of BMW GS riders come past and the normal speedbikes being speedbikes.Duh!

Waiting at the tunnel.

gr036.jpg

After breakfast we headed down on the Lanseria road.Got to push my baby.Groenie was behind me and yes I think he was doing only a 100km.It actually looked so funny when we stopped for breakfast.Spot the odd one out.We had a GS,Varadero,Triumph Tiger and Groenie :D

Another quick stop and we headed back the same way through Erasmia.It was me and Groenie and we hit the dirt again.Stopped at the Hennopsriver for a brake.

gr037.jpg

Did the last bit of dirt.Manage to the average 80km.Groenie was pushing me to keep my speed at 80km' as YES on the dirt he actually goes faster than a 100km.Must have something to do with the nobblies :roll:

All and all had a nice gravel road trip.Only thing the bike had on was dust.

gr040.jpg

Decide that from now on Miena Moo's calf will be know as the STOFKOEI.
So STOFDONKIE jy het 'n maatjie al is sy 'n koei :lol: