Dullstroom round trip

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spyker

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure R
I was reading DD post about his 700km trip and I thought to myself if he can do it so can I. Started up the GPS software and started looking for a nice trip to dullstroom and back.

Well, this morning at 5:00am I left on my trusty steed for a nice day of riding. I made haste on the N14 towords Pretoria and turned righ on the N4 towards Bronkhorstspruit. A few km's later I took the Hans Strdom offramp to join the R104. I had no intention of paying toll fees! :D Anyway, the rural roads are much prettier in any way!
Reached Bronkhorstspruit and turned left on the R25 towords Groblersdal. Just past Phooko, I took a right on a little road towards Loskop Dam. Well, stopped at the dam wall to take my first photo of the day.

dul1.jpg

Made a pitt stop at the Aventura resort, but quickly left due to the massive amount of people there. I think there was some sort of fishing competition going on because everytom dick and harry with a boat was there!

dul2.jpg

From there I was going to hit the dirt roads, but I had miscalculated my fuel consumption so I made for Middelburg via the N11. Refueled in Middelburg and had a one man breakfast at the local Wimpy.
Took the R555 out to Stofberg.

dul3.jpg

From there the fun really started! Glorious dirt!!

dul4.jpg

Not quite stofdonkies, but close enough!

dul5.jpg

I had the roads all to myself and really started enjoying myself.

dul6.jpg

My one and only river crosson for the day, I was very dissapointed. Didn't even wet my boots..

dul7.jpg

I then reached Dullstroom, and I must say, what a bunch of tossers! The place was crawling with Vaalie posers in their shining cars. I even saw a few GSA's with not a spec of dirt on them! What a pity! They should lend me their bikes an I will run them in properly!
Filled up at the local garage and hit the dirt again.
dul8.jpg

This road was very slippery and going down that slope had me almost on my ass!

dul9.jpg

Some more pics of the good stuff

dul10.jpg

Another short trip on tar and I found my next turn off towards Machadodorp

dul11.jpg

Crossroads.

dul12.jpg

From there I took the R36 towards Carolina, pass the Assmang chrome processing plant.

dul13.jpg

Then it was on to Hendrina via the R38

dul14.jpg

By this time the clouds looked a bit threatening and I made for the N12 past Vandyksdrif and Wolwekrans. This also where the photos stop because there was not much scenery left.
I will go back shortly because there is a lot of gravel out there that I need to go explore!

Here's a pic of the route I took.

dul_map.jpg