2 to Elandsriver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vellies

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki Djebel 250XC
A mate bought himself a 650 TransAlp last week and this morning after church we decided to give him his first taste of gravel. At first I thought bout taking him along the railway line from Sherwood but then realised that the hidden tracks in the grass might give him a skrik. So off we went along Kragga Kamma road to Rocklands, a bit nicer than the Greenbushes rd. We quickly shot past Uncle Freddie's and when we set foot on gravel it was time for the "welcome" pic.
m_IMG_0048.jpg

A little further and I had to take the firts action shot.
m_IMG_0049.jpg

and more pictures had to be taken as this former quad-biker and jet-ski-er just last week turned adventure rider and racing rubber ducker  :thumleft:
m_IMG_0051.jpg

Take note, carefully make sure the bike is on solid ground before you do a joyful dismount
m_IMG_0050.jpg

During this persistant drought it is easier to take pictures of dam walls. This one is the Sandriver Dam and the damn dam is damn dry.
m_IMG_0052.jpg

If you just go full speed ahead you will miss out on the beauty of the surroundings
m_IMG_0053.jpg

and I suppose it will be okay if I fit my scoot into a pic as well
m_IMG_0054.jpg

Look out for a new member under the name "Blue steel" well suited to his deep blue TA. He still have to register but I warned him that his acronym BS is dangerous. If Fugly gets hold of him the BS could surely and up as "bull sh!t"  :imaposer:
The man started to feel comfortable and no less than impressed with the handling of his newly aquired wheels. He started breathing down my neck and guess I have to get used to it
m_IMG_0056.jpg

The area has plenty wattle trees which is suddenly brightened by a solid wooden kraal but will it be enough to keep this "beast" inside :)
m_IMG_0058.jpg

A lot has changed since last time I have been through here. Signs are posted to inform passers by of "leopard friendly farms". Does it mean they have a leg of lamb set aside to welcome any leopards passing through? And then there is this sign informing travellers that there are little black persons holding hands in the area as well.  :eek:
m_IMG_0059.jpg

An old farm shed just completes the picture when rounding this bend.
m_IMG_0060.jpg

and I am sure this one is familiar to many of you. The tower above Patensie.
m_IMG_0062.jpg

The last couple of hundred meters through rough loose stuff to the tower had the question roll easily off his tongue after he "swallowed" a cigarette. "How far to Patensie and the tar". We headed off to Padlangs for a coke and a burger. I could hear a sigh of relief over the bark of the Bosson when we crossed the canal.
m_IMG_0066.jpg

With our thirst quenched and the growls of our tummies now quiet we took the black stuff all the way home through Van Stadens Pass.
m_IMG_0068.jpg

Demmit this thing is high and I spared a moment for those who felt so hopeless that it justified jumping. My ride was good with a great friend and I was way happier being down here than up there.

Thanks BS for a great ride. Who knows what I will be riding next time :)