Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Prepping for Desert X (UAE)  (Read 281 times)

Offline Skaiidawg

Prepping for Desert X (UAE)
« on: May 30, 2010, 07:30:31 pm »
Last week Wednesday I took delivery of my new 525xc quad. Started to break in the engine on Thursday evening and went out to the desert on Friday morning 05:00.  The fog was so thick that for about 15 minutes we did not have a clue where we were going! We played on some pretty high dunes for 45 mins or so before the heat forced us back to the cars. 8:00 and the temperature was a nice 37C.

The quad has tremendous power and gave me a couple of times a wake up call. The only mods so far on the quad is a FMF ezoost. Mods to follow is replacing the thumb throttle with a wrist throttle as I cannot get to grips with a smooth ride using just my thumb. On order is a high velocity water pump impeller to help keep the temp down and also an oil cooler.   

As the season starts in September, I have a couple of months to get myself in shape. At the moment I need more saddle time then mods.

I will post pics as I progress.
Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline Etienne2T

Re: Prepping for Desert X (UAE)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 07:37:01 pm »
What made you decide to get a quad, rather than a bike?

Offline Skaiidawg

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 07:44:10 pm »
I have done enduros (in namibia) and the trans Namib on a bike twice, many moons ago, as our back yard is purely desert I decided for a little change, hence the quad and its also a little easier for an old fart like me.
Courtesy from Grizz: In this day and age religion is often frowned upon, but I have met some of the most amazing people from various religions over time.
From Buddhists to Sikhs, through Muslims and Christians and everything in between, there are many good people out there and if you do not allow yourself to be swayed by petulant religious opinion, the world is an awesome place with the odd idiot in between trying to make it rubbish for others.

Offline Kenisis

• Race Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Dubai
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2010, 07:57:21 pm »
Good going!

Hope to see you at the triangle one day!

Cheers

Al
2012 KTM 990 Adventure
2015 KTM Rally Replica
2016 Husqvarna FE 450
2017 Husqvarna FC 450