"I hate Rossi": stalker threatens Vale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buller

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
From:  https://www.gpone.com/index.php/en/news/braking-news/850-qodio-rossiq-stalker-minaccia-vale.html

"I hate Valentino Rossi... sooner or later I'm going to put a bullet in his head." That was one of the threats that Rossi's mother, Stefania, received last week in the mail.  The "stalker" also sent threatening letters to Mediaset TV commentator Guido Meda.

In the end, R.R., a 42 year old laborer from Casale Monferrato, single, and without any criminal history, was identified and arrested by Italian authorities working in collaboration with the postal police.  Agents who searched his home, under the mandate of Pesaro Attorney General Manfredi Palumbo, found newspaper clippings and photographs of "the man I hate the most", telephone numbers of family members and friends, and material "accumulated with extreme attention to detail."  This according to Pesaro Chief of Police Italo D'Angelo.  Valentino tried to downplay the story at Mugello, stressing the rapid intervention of the authorities.  In the past, Rossi has also received serious threats from international anarchy groups.