Solo--Natal--Freestate--------------

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Decided to juggle some things Friday and leave at 2.30am on Friday for a trip to The Natal Freestate area for some Fun riding--

Loaded the 610 TE :mwink:

Just in time to see the sun say goodbye to the night and give birth to a new day in Harrismith--

A early cold start in the Freestate winter that has now set in--

Bezuidenhouts Pass--One of the 4 passes i rode over the week-end.

The Pass is not that bad with only a few sections that needed some careful lines and as for the woops right at the bottom-- :mwink:  AIR -TIME - hehe

Down at the bottom --somewhere near Ladysmith--Natal.

Near the railway tracks to the pass that comes out at van Reenen--

Even got a Smiley along this section from a rock ??? Luckily it was not my Rim ::)

Nearly the end before getting out at van Reenen---a Landmark for those who have ridden this route--

Monkey Butt is something i do not suffer from--Butt to be greeted with this the next morning seems like Frost Butt to me -- ::)

Some more scenery on the way to de Beers Pass--

After this i found that de Beers Pass had now been tarred and riding the Twistys was just sooooooooooo mind blowing.

Well dont allways beleive your GPS------ Unless your bike can swim--

Well had to quickly find a way out to carry on with my ride--

Down to Bergville for something to warm me up and then on to Little Switzerland for Lunch--
The view from the Stoep at Little Swtzerland--- cant wait to get back there when the Drakensbery mountains will be capped with snow in a few weeks time.

The last pass--Retief Pass--was not what i expected --but hey its good to be out there and just riding.

A Monument to the Boer Piet Retief was up there as well as a statue of a Barefoot Voortrekker Girl.

The trouble with riding in such awesome parts of this beautiful Country of ours is --You get taken up with the beauty and absorb it through the air and your eyes--a photo can not ever do it justice--only a reminder for the person who was there to remember such special moments in time --enjoy--