630 TE --or Not ?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blazes

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Crazy about the new 630 TE and SM

Only a few problems.

Although it is based on the 610 te motor i have already heard some good and negative feedback from friends i have made at Husqvarna

Tank range plus minus 200km  ???
Ok for the SM But definately Not for a TE

Now ride it hard in thick sand --will it make 140km on a tank ? And they still do not have a larger tank for it  :eek:

The twin exhaust Aftermarket O2 conversion will set you back twice as much as  you need to do both cans --about R14 k- FFS

Motor still needs to show itself--sure it will be good . Just dont want to be a test pilot at my own expense--Our warranty in SA is worth Zip. Only for the mechanics who Mess then up so the dealer can put in a claim.

Price estimated at 85 to 88 K a bit steep for a modified 610 and too close to a KTM in the same category.
Chances are that i heard KTM might be coming down in price as the buying price was set at R12.00 to the Euro for a period it has been less than that the old agreement comes to end soon --a new ratio will be then set. Just hope they drop the prices.

Think i will rather get a secondhand 610 SM and set that up as my other Hooligan bike untill the 630 has sorted itself.