Soccer is not my thing, but I went... (video added)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berm_Rooster

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
I got ordered by my client to join him in their company box at the Nelson Mandela Soccerstadium in PE for game 4 (Korea and Greece) of the SWC. I decided to open my mind and just go and experience it.

Didnt have a lot of time, so tarred highway mostly for 750km unfortunately. No pics of that.

Left Mossel Bay just after six and had brekkie at the Wild Oats market in Sedgefield. No pics of that.

Got going and when I got to the toll both, I saw a "Road Closed" sign which I couldnt resist. This is the old Van Stadens pass and is currently "closed for repairs". Well, it is still rideable and a must if you are on the N2 between Plett and Stormsrivier.

PESoccer1.jpg

** My kinda Roadsign!

PESoccer2.jpg

PESoccer3.jpg

If you do go there, just be super careful, the road is covered in moss and slippery like a KYed piglet!

PESoccer4.jpg

PESoccer5.jpg

PESoccer6.jpg

PESoccer7.jpg

PESoccer8.jpg

PESoccer9.jpg

Breather at Storms.

PESoccer10.jpg

Quick stop for a piss and I couldnt get the stand out coz I was stood in a rut. Patented BMW crash bobbins came in handy!

PESoccer11.jpg

PESoccer12.jpg

My actual experience of the SWC so far:
* Make sure you GPS knows where the actual stadium is, not an empty plot of land where it was supposed to be some years ago during planning.
* If you have a parking ticket, dispaly it at the earliest opportunity. I rode around for 10 minutes being sent from pillar to post with everyone just saying "Road Closed! :deal: " instead of "Entry to parking ticket holders only ;) ".
* Dont take a helmet close to the cops at the gate. The one f*cknut was taunting me to loose it so he can 'enforce' his powers on me. Luckily I took a lock with.
* Even if you just go to one game for the experience of it, make sure you do and not regret it afterwards. Just take earplugs along!

[flash=425,344]https://www.youtube.com/v/1GFdrcmDhrM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]

The road back home was a dark, cold and lonely run down the N2. No pics of that either. Back home just after eight.