Some SAND at Rhino Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
This morning was pretty chilly and I did not know who would pitch up for the ride today. I met up with Shesha in Kempton Park, and at 08:30 it looked like we were the only frozen souls there, so off we went. Nice railway lines and some dirt roads all the way to Rhino.

We met up with some of the other riders and in the end we were a nice group.
KnopKop    -   X-Challenge
Shesha   -   1200GS
Nomad   -   KLR650
Jules   -   660Ten
Li   -   KTM640
WheelZ and CK   -   Dakar
Marnus   -   G450X
gser   -   R80GS
Tankgirl   -   X-Challenge
Olive Oil   -   F650GS
63Magic   -   X-Country
Man on the Moon   -   1200GS
Muddy   -   WR250
Zonica   -   CRF230
Colin   -   WR250

I hope I did not forget anyone  ::) ::)

So off we went looking for some sand, not to long and we had our first action, a mud puddle claiming Li on the 640. Not long after that Tankgirl’s bike was pissing coolant all over the place, Myself, Muddy and Tankgirl quickly got the covers off and try to see what could be the cause, the culprit, a busted radiator. Muddy nursed Tankgirl’s bike back while she rode the WR250 back to base.  After this ordeal, poor Tankgirls was without a ride for the rest of the day, I hope you get it sorted quick quick!!

We made our way to the beach for some sandy fun. It looked like everyone had a great time, the sand was very hard work, but very rewarding. There were lots and lots of spills!!! I got the privilege of riding the KTM640 in the thick sand as well, very nice!

After that, Marnus, myself, Jules, Nomad, Li, Shesha, WheelZ and Olive Oil did the outride and it was a great deal of fun! Nomad bought a prime piece of land, with the help of the KLR’s top notch suspension, glad you are OK!!! The mud also made an appearance and claimed some victims, namely myself and Nomad.

Thank you so much for everyone that joined this ride, BIG THANKS to Marnus for taking Tankgirl and her bike home!
I really did not take to many pics, I had way too much fun! Jules, Tankgirl and gser does have some pics.

I will try and add them today, otherwise tomorrow!