Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Greetings Newbie here...  (Read 513 times)

Offline tommygun

Greetings Newbie here...
« on: February 10, 2007, 04:21:37 pm »
G'day everyone,

Newbie here - great to read your touring stories and photos, the homesickness levels are at an all time high.

I currently ride and Aprilia but it's under wraps at the moment until the temperatures rise and the ice thaws out.

Anyway - I'll be in Cape Town for two weeks from the 6th March and am planning to do a ride from CT to Plett and spend a few days up there before coming back. Although I've driven that route many many times in the car, it will be a first on the bike. In fact, it'll be a first for me riding a bike in SA at all (if you don't count the teenage years on the ol DT50  :D ). Any hints and tips, warnings and dangers? I'll be riding on my own and meeting up at points with my bro and old man who will be in a car.

Also - can anyone recommend a place to hire riding gear? I'm trying to limit the amount of stuff I take with me on the plane, but if rental gear is of second rate, then I'd rather take my own gear.

And finally, if anyone is keen for a spin to Plett on the morning of the 13th March - I would relish the company.

Thanking in advance and looking forward to the big sky!

Tom

Red

Greetings Newbie here...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 04:39:15 pm »
Welcome. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Offline wino

• Old Boys Club
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
Greetings Newbie here...
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 04:58:05 pm »
welcome tommygun! i've got an extra set of riding gear, but live in jhb. hope you get sorted :wink:

Offline Gunner

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
Greetings Newbie here...
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 06:02:40 pm »
Welcome....or should I say welcome home!
2006 BMW R 1200 GSA - 2007 KTM 640 Adv - 2012 Beta 300 Evo
Life is too short to drink bad coffee!