there's a klip with your name on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wino

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
no leo, not klipdrift, just a klip. :wink:

Left the house at 6 in the morning, all bright and spanky (erm, ok, that was the night before). The rain had fallen heavily during the night and I was prepared for some sliding.
Leaving home and the city of jhb:

m1.jpg

Amazing! The tar roads still had some water on them, but the gravel had just soaken it all up and was pretty much dust dry. Well, my "yeehaa" moment did not last too long. The road I was on lost some of its top layer and a lot of small stones/mini rocks were exposed. Not a problem, until I hit one specific one. The moment I hit it, I got a sinking feeling and summarily closed down on the throttle. Less than 2secs later, the front wheel was flat.

3rd puncture in about 2 months!!! No prob, got the goodies out, cleaned the area and opened the glue. No glue, completely evaporated!! And the kit was bought less than 6 months ago. Well, next step then is to take the front wheel off, pull out the tube and replace it with one I always carry.

m2.jpg

After sweating it up in the sun, all done. The trick (I’ve learned the hard way) is to stay relaxed – these things are bound to happen. If you get all agro, you can cause unnecessary bugger ups. Turning back? No way, I’ll take my chances.

m3.jpg

m4.jpg

m5.jpg

this was such a superb vista that i rode down the hill at almost walking pace, just admiring the scenery

m6.jpg

but temptation is always around the next corner :twisted: what is a man to do?

m7.jpg

m8.jpg

m9.jpg

now, i'm off to dinner with my mil :sad11: so to share my feeling on this, just remember that there's a klip with your name on it - be prepared :wink: