A bit of Bushveld Gravel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeonDude

Bachelor Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR650
This was my first real gravel ride, shit outride for that matter, since I broke my leg last year. I didn’t plan much of a route, I just wanted to stay close to tar in case things went pear shaped and I had to cop out. Which I did, but still it was great getting out there again.
I asked Cave Girl to join me on this ride, which she did. Thanks CG, you sure know how to ride that KLR of yours, right up behind me every step of the way. It started out freezing cold, but a coffee at Umfulo saw us thawed out, and then we went and did some exploring. We didn’t really get lost, because I was kinda following my nose, deciding at each T junction what I felt like, left or right. And CG never complained, just kept right there with me, great riding partner!

A few photies of the ride.
100_3107.jpg

100_3108.jpg

100_3109.jpg

100_3110.jpg

100_3111.jpg

I must say, the bushveld is a pleasure to ride. There was very little sand this time, and the bit there was I took in my stride, and I’m sure I’ll get my confidence back soon.

Once again thanks to CG, it was a great day!
See you all on the gravel roads.