Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: You know its a Jules ride when..... (Potch 27 June 2010)  (Read 2501 times)

Online AntonDP

• Bike: Kawasaki Versys
Re: You know its a Jules ride when..... (Potch 27 June 2010)
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 08:44:37 am »
Baie nice.

Offline Frog

• Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 10:30:37 am »
Thanks Jules for organising. Eventfull as usual. I'm just lucky I was riding slowly at the back of the group at that spot or it could have been me in the hospital. Note to self - slow down and take it easy out there.
Triumph Thuxton R
Triumph Bonneville T120
KTM 990R
KTM 990 Adventure (sold), BMW 650 Xchallenge (sold)
BMW 1200GSA (sold)

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2010, 11:38:04 am »
Bliksem Jules!  :eek: The insurance companies are going to outlaw Jules' Rides...

Offline Smithey

• RIP
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
  • Njam Njam Njam
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2010, 12:26:24 pm »
OUCH, get well soon mate.

Offline The Silver Fox

• Bike: KTM 950 Adventure
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2010, 12:35:05 pm »
Sorry to hear this , strongs to Kili get well soon.
Hey guys i think we must stick to drinking only with Jules from now on

Offline MoJo JoJo

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2010, 12:52:13 pm »
strongs, but goes to show what a WD should be made of
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines

Offline Aquatic

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
    • Ratel Engineering Design
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2010, 12:56:03 pm »

It was a big shock to turn around and come up on this site

A true wilddog though.

Painful tears and suffering, but have to get the photo! :thumleft:
The conundrum that is life...
You have to be absolutely smashed to have the guts to attempt it,
But perfectly sober to achieve any success!

Offline GundaGunda

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Kymco (all models)
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2010, 02:47:34 pm »
Bliksem Jules!  :eek: The insurance companies are going to outlaw Jules' Rides...

Yup,

Get well Killi ! ! ! !

Retired from Adventure Riding.
KLE500 & XTZ660 Gone *sigh*
Now Scooter Commuter & Softroader Softie.

Offline Li

• Bike: Triumph 800 XC
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2010, 04:02:12 pm »
Hey there, it is really bad that Jules gets a bad rap, when he only leads the ride and plans a very good route too, nice terrain, interesting riding.  :-\
 Accidents happen and usually when the rider is riding beyond their skill level or as Killy pointed out, it was after a good lunch and he had gotten complacent, not concentrating.  It was a silly accident, but, could happen to anyone, at no point does he blame Jules for his foot getting caught.  :deal:
I know it is a standing joke with "Jules rides" but, I hope it is a joke and not taken seriously, any noobs joining the forums now will shake in their boots to join a Jules ride, which is unfair, his rides are the best and I'm not just saying that cause I have the pleasure of sleeping with him  :mwink: :peepwall:
Time decides who you meet in life. The heart decides who you want in your life. Behaviour decides who remains in your life......

Offline EtienneXplore

• previously KnopKop
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
    • www.etiennexplore.com
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2010, 04:21:16 pm »
his rides are the best and I'm not just saying that cause I have the pleasure of sleeping with him  :mwink: :peepwall:

So I take it Jules is a better ride than the 640?
 :patch:

Hondsiff Honda

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2010, 04:25:55 pm »
Hey there, it is really bad that Jules gets a bad rap, when he only leads the ride and plans a very good route too, nice terrain, interesting riding.  :-\
 Accidents happen and usually when the rider is riding beyond their skill level or as Killy pointed out, it was after a good lunch and he had gotten complacent, not concentrating.  It was a silly accident, but, could happen to anyone, at no point does he blame Jules for his foot getting caught.  :deal:
I know it is a standing joke with "Jules rides" but, I hope it is a joke and not taken seriously, any noobs joining the forums now will shake in their boots to join a Jules ride, which is unfair, his rides are the best and I'm not just saying that cause I have the pleasure of sleeping with him  :mwink: :peepwall:

Vat so! :deal:

Ive been on a Jules ride and it was such a neat ride, never once felt that it was too fast or reckless, Damn miffed I missed this one..will try make the next :ricky:

Accidents happen to experienced  and inexperienced riders alike.. if you ride bikes you gonna fall off sooner or later show me someone who hasnt binned it?

Killi kid get well soon and there is no blame to anyone it just sometimes goes pear-shaped very quickly and you find yourself in the veld..
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 04:59:19 pm by Pistonslap »

Offline EtienneXplore

• previously KnopKop
  • Bike: BMW G650 X-challenge
    • www.etiennexplore.com
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2010, 04:40:08 pm »
I agree with Li and Pistonslap here. I have ridden with Jules a few times as well and it has always been a great ride!

I think his rides are so nice and people are having such a good time that they start riding out of their capabilities, and then things go wrong. People need to ride their own ride, Jules is very fast, but there is no need to try and stay with him, ride your own ride.

I remember the Parys ride where Leon broke his leg, on the way back from Parys, Jules, myself, Splash and the guy on the 640 (Matthew ??) were klapping it at some crazy speeds, as soon as I started to get uncomfortable I just slowed down a bit, no problems, everyone gets together again eventually.

So Jules, I cannot wait for the next ride!!! - Noobies welcome!!

ps, when Jules advertised this ride, he indicated that it will be fast.

Offline Li

• Bike: Triumph 800 XC
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2010, 04:56:38 pm »
So I take it Jules is a better ride than the 640?
 :laughing4: :love7:
Time decides who you meet in life. The heart decides who you want in your life. Behaviour decides who remains in your life......

Offline Jules

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
  • Living with "LevenNinetyItis" and Loving it
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2010, 05:01:36 pm »
I realize that I have a reputation as a breaker of bikes and bones but the truth is I plan a lot of rides and have loads of dogs that never have an incident,
Its all about the numbers, The more rides you do the bigger the chance for mishaps.

Don't get me wrong I don't take the "ragging" on the forum seriously as I'm sure none of it is done in a nasty way its all just dogs taking the piss and is cool  :biggrin:

And yes I did say it was a fast ride but I didn't mean fast as in high speed, I meant fast as we needed to make good time and couldn't hang about too much, a lot of Noobies often say they don't want to join a ride as they hate holding the pack back, trust me everyone was there once, We don't mind waiting for you, the only time I will specifically say its a fast ride is when we have a lot of mileage to cover in a day and even then all that means is you need to be comfortable on good dirt roads at speeds around 80kph.
I keep a fast pace so that those that want to can let rip but I never let the slower guys feel like they are being rushed.

I'm going to start making Jules Ride T-Shirts Soon!!!

Jules

690R Lost but not forgotten
1190R

Offline DirtRebell

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2010, 05:16:09 pm »
Hell, dis nou tyd dat ek begin saam ry. Ek soek ook 'n T-shirt!

Offline Usurper

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2010, 05:36:06 pm »
Jules rides are awesome! Always fun, always well supported, and always well organised. As long as there are Jules rides, I will join them!

The ragging really is just ragging.
Never underestimate the stopping power of a tree!

Offline Nomad

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2010, 06:47:49 pm »

I'm going to start making Jules Ride T-Shirts Soon!!!

"I survived a jules ride" would be a pretty sweet shirt! Man Im pissed I missed this ride. Jules rides are always good fun (except for the breaking of ankles part).

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Deleted Users
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2010, 06:48:20 pm »
Hey there, it is really bad that Jules gets a bad rap, when he only leads the ride and plans a very good route too, nice terrain, interesting riding.  :-\
 Accidents happen and usually when the rider is riding beyond their skill level or as Killy pointed out, it was after a good lunch and he had gotten complacent, not concentrating.  It was a silly accident, but, could happen to anyone, at no point does he blame Jules for his foot getting caught.  :deal:
I know it is a standing joke with "Jules rides" but, I hope it is a joke and not taken seriously, any noobs joining the forums now will shake in their boots to join a Jules ride, which is unfair, his rides are the best and I'm not just saying that cause I have the pleasure of sleeping with him  :mwink: :peepwall:

I agree with you Li --

The problem is a Numbers thing --up here in Guateng Jules and myself are mostprobably the only two people who are prepared to give up our time and arrange rides for people--I have taken over a thousand riders out over the jast few years on rides posted onj the Forum as well a srides not posted--

SHIT --Happens. The more people you take out on rides the better chance of someone getting hurt --have had a few cases with groups as well--fortunately nothing serious.
I think we need to look at some rides--the so-called private ones that we hear of --and are not made public on the Forum --i know of many such a ride that has ended in some serious injuries taken place. A friend of mine --very experienced crashed this week-end and --guess what hardly anyone knows about it--it was aprivate ride ---

I have ridden with Jules and at no time have i found any of the rides i have been on --dangerous-- well planned and great fun--allways fun to ride with him and Li--

Because we are in the public eye of the Forum --unfortunately we get branded --Ridden with Ian as well --- a good rider  ---Sunday was just not his day ---

I just think --unfortunately Ian made a bad call when he crashed and did not read the terrain that well --Happens to ALL of us. Some of us get off badly and others are lucky --Ian was not so lucky--but also very fortunate that he is alive.

So let us all put this one to rest-- Jules keep up the good work by putting rides up for people to get together and enjoy themselves --Yes sometimes we are going to have someone get hurt ----

NO ONE IS TO BLAME --These things happen daily--

People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline Welsh

• BMW R1150GSV
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS
  • Thunder Twonk. The two legged Twat Monkey.
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2010, 07:02:28 pm »
Jules rides are awesome! Always fun, always well supported, and always well organised. As long as there are Jules rides, I will join them!

The ragging really is just ragging.

Agreed, and although I came really close to a big off on a Jules ride I did not lose it, it was just events and high spirits if I dont almost lose it fairly regularly I would be worried... not trying :biggrin:

But more seriously.. Blazes and Jules.s outrides are what makes this forum, few have the time or inclination to organise these rides and not everyone is a Michnus or Metal Jockey, these outrides are a massive part of what makes this forum great...

Jules... will join a ride of yours again soon, if you will wait for the old man....
Behind every great man, is a woman rolling her eyes.

Offline buzzlightyear

• I'm Buzz Lightyear. I come in peace.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • To infinity and beyond
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2010, 07:06:26 pm »
Eina pyn, dit lyk darem nie lekker nie  :o
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)