You know its a Jules ride when..... (Potch 27 June 2010)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jules

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
The ambulance arrives  :eek:
potch2010june17.JPG

But lets start at the beginning.

8 of us met up at Pinehaven this morning at 8ish, Tails were sniffed and fuel put in and we were off,
potch2010june1.JPG

The first stretch of this ride is about 60km's tar before you get to the good stuff.

Ganjora only did the first section with us and then had to head to DR KLR's place for more Bling! Down to seven.

Usurper ran late and ended up running out of fuel on the way to the meeting spot and met us along the way so we were back to eight again.

All went well apart from the dust until some railroad ballast stones got the better of Nicky and down she went, she was shaken but not stirred but the bike had a broken clutch lever.
I raced back and cable tied a solution and quick as a flash we all got ready to leave when, I discovered a F*&%$ puncture on my rear wheel  :mad:
3 tubes later and we were on the way again (1 pinched and 2 buggerd after unpacking them)

potch2010june4.JPG

potch2010june5.JPG

potch2010june6.JPG

potch2010june7.JPG

potch2010june8.JPG

We made Potch at around 1ish and had a great lunch at Die Akker (as usual) a few of the guys debated taking tar back from lunch to get back in time for the soccer but decided to do the dirt instead as we were still on track as far as timing went.

About 20k's out of Potch we hit a rather large rut that was hiding behind a small hill, Killi Kid was thrown off line by the rut and his boot got twisted between the embankment and the bike.
He rode on for about 500meters and then looked down to see his foot facing back-wards, He got such a shock that he simply slowed down and let the bike fall over,

Usurper who was right behind him hit the same rut and fell over but luckily without any injury,

It was a big shock to turn around and come up on this site

potch2010june12.jpg

potch2010june11.jpg

We arranged an ambulance and some very kind local farmers offered to store Kili's bike in the shed till it can be collected,

The Ambulance was there within 20 minutes  :thumleft:

Here is the rut that caused the kak
He was in the left lane.
potch2010june13.JPG

Where his foot got jammed
potch2010june14.JPG

potch2010june15.jpg

Where he eventually stopped (20 meters beyond the guys in this pic)
potch2010june16.jpg

Are the drugs working yet?
potch2010june18.JPG

Ian I hope you heal up quickly and we see you around Soon! let us know if you need anything.

Thanks to the rest of you for joining and being such great DOGS!

Jules