Husky 610 around a MX track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanB

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Saturday afternoon I had the itch to ride somewhere, but didnt have any clear idea where to go.  So after doing a few errands on the bike I found myself on the highway heading out to Pamona - to the informal little MX track (quite tame little track really, but it has berms and some mid sized jumps etc).  It tended to draw me like a magnet.

I actually intended to explore some sand roads around there, but couldn't really find anything that looked exciting - plain gravel isnt really that attractive for a quick ride - its basically as exciting as tar with added dust.

Soo .....ended up riding around the track again (did a face plant there in a mud pool a few weeks ago because I was being too tentative).

This time it was dry and I started off slow and cautious  which is my current mantra (determined not to yield to the temptation and then end up in hospital), but half way around the 1st lap I found myself quite high in the air, and sliding the rear around corners! 

This bike just keeps amazing me!  I had to keep reminding myself that its not a MX bike and was really not meant for this sort of thing, but its just so balanced and smooth over bumps and in corners with oodles of low end grunt which can get the speed up unexpectedly quickly out of a corner!  It handles like a 250 IMO, the only time you really feel the extra weight is landing!

When I got home I was completely satisfied with the universe! 

Thinking about some of the rather higher than expected jumps - I walked slowly around the bike to check it was all still there - no issues at all, except my number plate was missing - so I simply had to go back to see if I could find it.  No sign of the plate - even after three more laps at slightly higher speeds :biggrin: