Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Name and Shame  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Fugly

Re: Name and Shame
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2010, 03:39:44 pm »
:happy1:
Don’t worry about things that aren’t, worry about things that are and your decisions are so much easier to make!

Offline Leo

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2010, 03:41:25 pm »
I got a response from Ian

Quote//

Hi.

Jy het defnatief die regte ian van heerden!

Eestens:
Ek het vir hom n transfer gedoen van
R 2300

Tweedens:
Die tow-inn service het my pariers oop gebreek en als gesteel wat daar binne was {na n trip van jhb na dar es salaam die eerste diefstal!}

Derdens:
Die tyre het gebars na 1300km my abs als gebreek skade van R9688 wat bmw se warnty ni gecover het nie agv die band wat nie sabs app was nie!

Baie dankie
Ian van heerden!
Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

Unquote//

I have given his e-mail to Jan, to request proof of payment - one says he didn't pay, other claims he did. He certainly gave many reasons as to why he couldn't pay, but maybe he is an honourable gentlemen and did pay and Jan somehgow missed the line on his statement!
Grey Haired Riders Don't get that way from pure luck!

Offline Leo

« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2010, 03:45:13 pm »
To add to what Funacide has mentioned:

This is an extract from the lette rthat Jan had send to SF of Bark SA - I will only quote the last paragraph:

What do we learn from above? Never trust ANYBODY and, fellow Namibians, be VERY careful with our South African friends! Similar things have happened at our restaurants, bars, lodges, activity providers etc. Apparently Namibia is considered, as the previous “colony” it is, a place where one can get away with whatever, be it drunken driving, stealing fish and especially crayfish, ripping the sensitive countryside apart with two and four wheeled vehicles, leaving garbage on the beach etc. etc. Fortunately Namibians start to get the hang of it by now so no hard feelings next time you end up in genuine difficulties and are left at the roadside due to GP,WP or similar number plates. One way to discover how vast a country Namibia really is…

Jan Soderlund
Owner of Duneworx YAMAHA
Swakopmund, Namibia

P.S. Last week a friend of mine lost 8000 Rand to a RSA customer who run away without settling the bill for panel beating on his car…

From the above it is clear that Jan will definately think twice before he assist another biker in distress.
Grey Haired Riders Don't get that way from pure luck!

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • Music Ramblings by a serial hobbyist
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2010, 03:47:11 pm »
3 sides...
02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2010, 03:54:44 pm »
wat het n gebarste tyre en diefstal uit te waai met die ding?

KobusL

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2010, 03:55:03 pm »
OK guys, the lynching is on hold for now...

The sad part is that shit like this makes it more difficult when others find trouble on their travels.

Whether what happened was true, or only perception, perception quickly becomes the "truth"

Offline Wolweseun

• Forum Vendor
  • Vendors
  • Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda XR650R
  • VannieBaai
    • Bikes n Bits
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2010, 04:44:00 pm »
Nice thing about this forum is if you are a proes straat pretoria everyone will know  ;D
"Life is like a penis - simple, relaxed and hanging free...

it's women who make it hard"

www.bikesnbits.co.za

Offline Wolfmother

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Mars (all models)
  • Honda CRF250X not in list, Mars sounded cool.
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2010, 04:49:35 pm »
Nice thing about this forum is if you are a proes straat pretoria everyone will know  ;D

Bahaha! True.

Offline AndriesZ

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1150GS Adventure
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2010, 05:27:29 pm »
Ek is so bly niemand ken my nie!!!

Offline Pistonpete

• Shop Mods
  • Gentleman Dog
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Live to Ride...Ride to Live
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2010, 05:43:53 pm »
To add to what Funacide has mentioned:

This is an extract from the lette rthat Jan had send to SF of Bark SA - I will only quote the last paragraph:

What do we learn from above? Never trust ANYBODY and, fellow Namibians, be VERY careful with our South African friends! Similar things have happened at our restaurants, bars, lodges, activity providers etc. Apparently Namibia is considered, as the previous “colony” it is, a place where one can get away with whatever, be it drunken driving, stealing fish and especially crayfish, ripping the sensitive countryside apart with two and four wheeled vehicles, leaving garbage on the beach etc. etc. Fortunately Namibians start to get the hang of it by now so no hard feelings next time you end up in genuine difficulties and are left at the roadside due to GP,WP or similar number plates. One way to discover how vast a country Namibia really is…

Jan Soderlund
Owner of Duneworx YAMAHA
Swakopmund, Namibia

P.S. Last week a friend of mine lost 8000 Rand to a RSA customer who run away without settling the bill for panel beating on his car…

From the above it is clear that Jan will definately think twice before he assist another biker in distress.
Maybe this thread should be posted to him to show our concern...ie. Help the Wilddog if in need?
'Routine is the thief of time'

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • Music Ramblings by a serial hobbyist
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2010, 06:05:19 pm »

The downside is that even if you are thought a p@#s everyone will know that as well...

;D
02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Offline BlueBull2007

• Caribbean
  • Global Moderator
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2010, 07:16:00 pm »
Nice thing about this forum is if you are a proes straat pretoria everyone will know  ;D

The downside is that even if you are thought a p@#s everyone will know that as well...

;D

Yeah like Ray from Cytech. ;D  He is a good guy, really :pot:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 07:16:53 pm by BlueBull2007 »
Rally nut. What could possibly go wrong?
Living the Rally Dream - Ride Report
Current bike: KTM 350 EXC   Previous bikes:  2010 WR450F, 2006 KTM450EXC,KTM 450RR, BMW800GS, KTM450EXC, BMW650 GS, BMW650 Dakar, and Honda XR250

Offline 2 Stroke Dan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT600
  • bekyk die wereld deur n opgewasemde bril.
« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2010, 07:24:25 pm »
This morning a guy on a BM did'nt return my jolly wave! Can you track him down? :peepwall:
But seriously, this van Heerden person and people like him is all of motorcycling's business, they erode away at the willingness of people to help willingly
and what will remain? To get helped at ridiculously high prices because it will be common knowledge that no-one helps bikers!
The oke was on a BM :imaposer:

As ek jy was sou ek nie so gelyk het nie.

Offline sharka

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Quadruple bypass survivor
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2010, 07:28:41 pm »
 Riding an XT 600 maybe the reason :pot:

Offline 2 Stroke Dan

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Yamaha XT600
  • bekyk die wereld deur n opgewasemde bril.
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2010, 07:33:57 pm »
 :imaposer:

As ek jy was sou ek nie so gelyk het nie.

Offline The TRANSPORTER

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2010, 07:46:32 pm »
Poor Jan...maar die man moet nie kark aan ons suid Afrikaners wil verkoop nie...as die man so voel oor Suid Afrikaners sy ma se mielie ook... :mwink: :mwink:

Ja ja die man moes betaal het en klaar maar die saak het twee kante...en nee ek ken die ou ook nie.. :o :o :imaposer: :imaposer:
I told her i was married, she said 'me too, who cares, lets ride!'

Offline Fugly

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2010, 09:04:05 pm »
This morning a guy on a BM did'nt return my jolly wave! Can you track him down? :peepwall:
But seriously, this van Heerden person and people like him is all of motorcycling's business, they erode away at the willingness of people to help willingly
and what will remain? To get helped at ridiculously high prices because it will be common knowledge that no-one helps bikers!
The oke was on a BM :imaposer:

:tongue3:

That's why he was helped!!

Just a misconception that BM riders are nice trustworthy guys :biggrin:
Don’t worry about things that aren’t, worry about things that are and your decisions are so much easier to make!

Offline roxenz

• rocks make sense
  • Grey hound
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • cheerful yesterdays and confident tomorrows
« Reply #57 on: July 07, 2010, 10:50:59 am »
Poor Jan...maar die man moet nie kark aan ons suid Afrikaners wil verkoop nie...as die man so voel oor Suid Afrikaners sy ma se mielie ook... :mwink: :mwink:

Ja ja die man moes betaal het en klaar maar die saak het twee kante...en nee ek ken die ou ook nie.. :o :o :imaposer: :imaposer:

Yip, regardless of the facts (which are as clear as mud), Jan's attitude to SAns is a concern. If we all take his line then quickly there will be no goodwill left in this world. I shall NOT treat every Namibian I meet as my potential enemy, regardless of Jan's xenophobia!  I know too many brilliant Nams.

Offline ETS

• Grey hound
  • Bike: KTM 1290 Adventure S
  • Die Punda van Prieska
« Reply #58 on: July 07, 2010, 11:26:31 am »
Wat is die probleem? Betaal die man wanneer hy sy diens lewer... Dan gaan niemand ooit verder iets se nie. Almal help jou as jy betaal. Hou jou geld by jou en betaal dadelik.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 11:41:29 am by ETS »
If i had to explain you would not understand anyway......

Offline SteveKLE

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Kawasaki KLE 500
« Reply #59 on: July 07, 2010, 11:39:54 am »
Very dangerous to accuse someone in a public forum. Maybe he did pay, maybe he didn't but it would have been better to track him down and ask him first ...... just my 2-cents