Name and Shame

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
During our recent trip I ended up at the local Yamaha dealer in Swakopmund for some repairs to Honey - yes they were willing to work on a beemer.

The owner Jan Soderlund was very helpfull and assisted me without any reservations. Yes he did give some lip about the unbreakable GS that required repairs.  :laughing4:

Anyhow, during our chat he mentioned the sad sequence of vents that happened over the December period.

He was stopped by a biker in distress who urgently needed a new rear tyre - this was on boxing day 2009. This rider took a new tyre, tube and some tyre lever valued at R2500 with the excuse he left his wallet at the bike, and the promise that he would transfer the money at the next available opportunity. Jan made copies of his passport, etc and send the man on his way - all in good faith.

To this day he has not paid the money owned to Duneworx Yamaha.

Now people like this gives all DS riders a bad reputation. I personally do not know this guys, and I have tried calling his cell, but he's not taking any calls - at least not unknown numbers.

If anybody knows this individual, Ian Hunter van Heerden, please ask him to settle the matter with Jan at Duneworx.

Next time one of us need a favour after hours, Jan is most certainly going to show us the door.

This is not the way to treat a dealer who help you when in distress.  :dousing:

Herewith a copy of this guys passport - sorry for the picture quality