Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: DRZ 400 - Pooratech Bling  (Read 1276 times)

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
Re: DRZ 400 - Pooratech Bling
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 11:27:23 am »
If you fall, that plate is going to take your leg off................use it, don't use it.  :peepwall:

I've fallen twice with this setup - no problem.
You reckon I should re-design them?

What for --looks cool and you have crashe -tested them with positive results--It works --keep it as is.
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA

Offline blazes

• Forum Vendor
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Husqvarna (all models)
  • DON'T be FOOLED by my Avatar ----
Re: DRZ 400 - Pooratech Bling
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 11:36:10 am »
I don't like sharp edges and pointy stuff any more since I almost lost a friend who punctured his femoral artery with his brake lever (less the round knob, that broke off in a previous fall).

You can say whatever you want about freak accidents but it's no fun poking your thumb into profusely bleeding people whilst waiting for the paramedics :-\

I'd do a little modification of the carrier and bend the edges inward and weld together where the bend parts meet. At least all forward and downward facing edges.
Would add quite a bit of structural strength too.
If you're worried about getting it too strong and damaging the subframe in a fall don't weld or provide a kink point.

Disclaimer: This is meant as constructive criticism and has no intention to diss your product.

Thank's lecap  :thumleft: Appreciated.

But i have a theory --The Paralysis of Analysis --i try not to over analise something ---just gets my panties in a knot and i end up doing nothing about it.

IF I Have to start Analysing all the negatives involved with bike riding and all that comes with it --Hell i will stop riding bike right now--Fortunately i think positively -

But will definately look at your input --should i go into production with this --- ;)
People DON'T Change --we just get to know them better
Current Scooters --

Husqvarna TE 610 --Best Small DS Bike ever --Had two -- Dakota Just bought the one --
Aprilla 750 Dorsodura another DD Another Project Bike in the making 2012 model - Conceived To Thrill  Husqvarna 634 SMR Factory Works Replica --One of 100 in the World -ORGASMIC -  SOLD -To the USA