Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: You Can Turn Off Super Tenere ABS  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Grrrr....

• ...eats seeds as a pastime activity.
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: KTM 990 Adventure
  • Niks ry so lekker soos my rice crispy bike nie.
Re: You Can Turn Off Super Tenere ABS
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2010, 10:16:53 am »
Oh I see I'm not the first to come up with that.

That is the only thing that I seriously don't understand about the Yammie. Why not be able to switch it off?

I know some ride dirt with ABS. But not me.

Still, nice bike.

Offline I wanna be

• Bike: Yamaha XT 600 Z
  • Always on fire!
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2010, 11:14:34 am »
You mean one of those bike that i pass on the outside of a corner ??   :biggrin:
Cos passing them on the inside of a corner is just way to easy  :imaposer:

I have spoken to my local dealership and they are going to see if they can mount an On/Off ABS switch, they said they have to look at the wiring diagram.

I will keep you posted
Always on Fire !!

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2010, 12:04:29 pm »
From here on only those that have ridden the ST will have comments worth reading.... >:D
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

Offline Winston

• Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • Empangeni
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2010, 12:22:40 pm »
I agree, only those that knows what they are talking about can talk.

Offline Yami Super 10

• 1200 Super 10
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2010, 12:47:04 am »
Hi Guys :thumleft:

My 2c.

Most of you know I have the 660z and the Super 10 :drif:
Well both are great bikes! But not the same! You cant expect the Super 10 to be the same as the 660 and vic-sa-vursa :deal:

The Super 10 has a great braking system. I did about 3000 km in 3 weeks when at home. All of it on the Super and  :o on gravel.
You learn to know the bike, as its a new system. And yes it works! For a 1200 and all that power. It works well.
I have left the bike (as all the others are there  :peepwall:) so that they can put a "on" - "off" switch for me. Now you ask why. Because I want one :deal: I want to be more in control when descending a steep mountain pass. I feel uncomfortable pulling the front brake.
So to get use to it in my own time, fitting the switch and practice more!
As for doing all the other gravel and ruff stuff, all I do is       :peepwall:      1- Traction control off and 2 - Sport mode on :deal:

The squint eye boys knew what they made  :biggrin: A great machine  :thumleft:
Geduld
Is n stadige manier om jou moer te strip!
Bikes: 2010 & 2019 ST1200
          2014 660XT

Offline muzzy

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2010, 08:19:36 am »
Hi Guys :thumleft:

My 2c.

Most of you know I have the 660z and the Super 10 :drif:
Well both are great bikes! But not the same! You cant expect the Super 10 to be the same as the 660 and vic-sa-vursa :deal:

The Super 10 has a great braking system. I did about 3000 km in 3 weeks when at home. All of it on the Super and  :o on gravel.
You learn to know the bike, as its a new system. And yes it works! For a 1200 and all that power. It works well.
I have left the bike (as all the others are there  :peepwall:) so that they can put a "on" - "off" switch for me. Now you ask why. Because I want one :deal: I want to be more in control when descending a steep mountain pass. I feel uncomfortable pulling the front brake.
So to get use to it in my own time, fitting the switch and practice more!
As for doing all the other gravel and ruff stuff, all I do is       :peepwall:      1- Traction control off and 2 - Sport mode on :deal:

The squint eye boys knew what they made  :biggrin: A great machine  :thumleft:

If you are installing a switch can you let me know how you did it and possible some pictures. I have been riding offroads for many years and also prefer to control the bikes braking and direction with the rear brake. I agree once you get onto a rocky downhill with lots of loose ground I would prefer braking from the rear.
Live life fast, die young and have a good looking corpse !!

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2010, 08:29:01 am »
The beauty of this scenario is that your Yamaha dealer is prepared to look at the issue, and possibly fit a switch for you......unlike a certain 'other' brand that says 've vill cancel your varrenty...ja!'  Big  :thumleft: to Yamaha....again, the people that make the brand, not the bike...
If you can keep your head in the midst of all this confusion, you don't understand the situation!

forex618

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2010, 08:32:57 am »
The beauty of this scenario is that your Yamaha dealer is prepared to look at the issue, and possibly fit a switch for you......unlike a certain 'other' brand that says 've vill cancel your varrenty...ja!'  Big  :thumleft: to Yamaha....again, the people that make the brand, not the bike...

and another brand who says "I have no idea what you are talking about. Come back in 2 months and the bike might be ready (if we remember to order the parts from Austria)"

:imaposer:

Offline Adventurer

• Deleted Users
  • Bachelor Dog
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2010, 08:46:12 am »

and another brand who says "I have no idea what you are talking about. Come back in 2 months and the bike might be ready (if we remember to order the parts from Austria)"

:imaposer:

Nah, we have better KTM dealers in Jozi, we only wait 6 weeks...... :biggrin:
Or we just order direct ourselves from overseas..... :pot: :biggrin:

Offline Moondog

• Bike: KTM 1190 Adventure
  • AKA : Tony
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2010, 09:26:49 am »

LOL - Hmmmmm - so is the dealer taking the risk here, or will Yamaha back up the mod and agree that it will have no impact on the warranty ? ???
Life is tough - get a helmet!

Offline Yami Super 10

• 1200 Super 10
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2010, 11:00:00 am »

LOL - Hmmmmm - so is the dealer taking the risk here, or will Yamaha back up the mod and agree that it will have no impact on the warranty ? ???

At the end of the day I am sure it all depends on the dealer :deal: Its how they present your case to Yamaha. The workshop foreman must give a detailed report. If that is not done, sure the dealer is not going to pay for it! But if the dealer want to do a mod on the bike and knows that what ever the mod is, is not going to influence the bike, they are prepared to take the warranty.
When I bought my Leo Vince for my 900TDM the dealer fitted it and said if any problem, still under warranty. Thats why I like and ride Yamaha. :pot:
Geduld
          2014 660XT

Offline Sithe

• Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • gewig versplasing
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2010, 12:06:55 pm »
Bikes are like women ... some guys like them good and some like them bad ... some like them slim and some like them fat

It seems same with ABS then ... some like it on and some like it off
I operate at a level supreme to the devil

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2010, 02:57:27 pm »
Bikes are like women ... some guys like them good and some like them bad ... some like them slim and some like them fat

hahaha ja you can take it further, some bikers like having brakes other don't mind having no brakes.  :biggrin:

Offline Yami Super 10

• 1200 Super 10
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2010, 03:08:05 pm »

hahaha ja you can take it further, some bikers like having brakes other don't mind having no brakes.  :biggrin:

Praat ons nou van ondervinding  :peepwall: :imaposer: :peepwall: :imaposer:
Geduld
          2014 660XT

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2010, 03:18:00 pm »

hahahaha ja net hier, tussen Coffee Bay and Hole in the Wall. There's one piece where the dirt road drops steep into a turn, I came jaaging down with ABS on, and with the ruts and down hill, started braking, well it was too late, I ended up in the bushes, luckily some thorn threes stopped me from going on.  :biggrin:

Last time there, two bulle on their GS ADV wanted to jaag me on that road and let them pass, I knew what's coming, they both misjudge the road and went straight on, also had their ABS on.  :imaposer:

Offline Yami Super 10

• 1200 Super 10
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2010, 03:22:47 pm »

hahahaha ja net hier, tussen Coffee Bay and Hole in the Wall. There's one piece where the dirt road drops steep into a turn, I came jaaging down with ABS on, and with the ruts and down hill, started braking, well it was too late, I ended up in the bushes, luckily some thorn threes stopped me from going on.  :biggrin:

Last time there, two bulle on their GS ADV wanted to jaag me on that road and let them pass, I knew what's coming, they both misjudge the road and went straight on, also had their ABS on.  :imaposer:

Ish Dude! You meen!  :imaposer: :imaposer:
Geduld
          2014 660XT

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2010, 03:41:01 pm »

Ish Dude! You meen!  :imaposer: :imaposer:

ou bobejaan tel my ketting op as ek hardloop  :biggrin: