A new track for Etienne (Atlantis)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michiel

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
This morning I decided to go see what is happening at Atlantis. According to 2StrokeDan there was going to be
an "exodus" to the dunes. I arrived a little late to find almost no activity. After watching with some amusement
how a couple guys were trying to pull one of those big human balls up a dune with a little Sam Quad I noticed
two plastics parked on the crest of a dune in the distance.

They stood there looking around so I went over. Long story short they were looking for a quad to help them recover
a plastic that broke down in the bushes at the back of the dunes. After finding a guy with a 700 Yamaha I followed
them in. The guys were just bush tracking at the time the bike broke so it took us a while to find our way to them.

Etienne, if you haven't been here you must go and check it out. Awesome riding! Nothing too difficult but so much fun.

Etienne001.jpg

Etienne002.jpg

The KLR right at home just where you might fancy to go.

Etienne003.jpg

Etienne004.jpg

Etienne005.jpg

Etienne006.jpg

Etienne007.jpg

Etienne008.jpg

Etienne009.jpg

Etienne010.jpg

Etienne011.jpg

Etienne012.jpg

Etienne013.jpg

Etienne014.jpg

Etienne015.jpg

Etienne016.jpg

Etienne017.jpg

The quad wasn't going to work. I got stuck too easily. At times it couldn't even move it's own weight.
The boys had to come up with another plan. It seemed like man power was going to be the only way.

Etienne018.jpg

Etienne019.jpg

Etienne020.jpg

Etienne021.jpg

Etienne022.jpg

Etienne023.jpg

Etienne024.jpg

Etienne025.jpg

Etienne026.jpg

Etienne027.jpg

This was hard work. The boys decided to just cross through the bush.

Etienne028.jpg

Etienne029.jpg

Some vultures started circling.

Etienne030.jpg

Hard work but they were now in sight of the end.

Etienne031.jpg

Etienne032.jpg

Etienne033.jpg

Etienne034.jpg

Made it. Phew!

Etienne035.jpg

Help arrived soon after.

Etienne036.jpg

The dead plastic.

Etienne037.jpg

On may way back to town I found a guy with one of those One Rand bikes. He was about 10km from
Melkbos pushing the bike. I stopped and offered to tow him. Apparently the bike's battery is dead or
something and because of it's electronics it won't start or run. The guy must have had a drink too
much as well as he couldn't walk a straight line.

I always wanted to try out this towing exercise so I got out the washing line rope I always carry and off
we went. The KLR did quite well as we scooted down the West Coast road at 80km/h. Got him home soon
as he stays in Melkbos.

Etienne038.jpg