Chapmans Peak......... purely sensational

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I cant get over how cool today was guys, thanks for coming round. First up, I met with Accton and his great lady, Heidi, who turned out to be very keen to do a trail!!! We met up at HoutBay, and had just joined them for a coffee, when the electricity went dead. No coffee... so we got back on the bikes and zooted off to our little piece of paradise.

It was just Heidi, Hilda, Mark and myself for quite some time as we settled into bliss (with a little chill in the air I must say), and then some time later, Hein woke up in the morning and dragged Rudi along for a ride. Lets just say that babbelas was the closest description of Rudi's condition....

Myself and Mark popped up the trail to meet them, and show them that they were just 6metres from the entrance... :shock: :roll: :p It turned out that Phil had joined them for a bit which was super, and we all rolled back down the hill. Rudi lost his glove, Mark had a little slip, and we all parked bikes back down at the epicentre.

After a lekker rib, chicken and braaibrootjie on a fire, we left the place at 330pm, just as the rain began to spit. What an absolute jol of a day, and next time - soon - we are going to camp. Sorry that Ernie and Irene didnt come down, it was a magnificent day.

Thanks to all who came, it was just brilliant spending time with you all. I took no pics, I will leave that for the professionals. Truly beautiful..........