Dullstroom errrrr no Loskopdam

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leo

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS HP2
Friday night during the very festive "Gauteng Beer" I mentioned that I'm in the mood to ride to Dullstroom, have breakfast and then head back. As it turned out Funacide had the same idea, so in no time the ride was organized.
I have not seen Zonkelnut since the Poison rally last year, so I gave him a buzz, and although he was shiiiiiiiiting his lungs out :oops: he was game :wink:

So Sunday morning at 07:00 we met all ready to hit the road

Honey all ready and set for the ride :D :D

Loskop.jpg

Zonkelnut - finally taking a break of the porcelain telephone :roll:

Loskop1.jpg

........and Funacide who finally got his bike on Friday and was desperate for a ride :D :D

Loskop2.jpg

We made good progress and soon it was time for the two smokers to get some "fresh:" air

Loskop3.jpg

Loskop4.jpg

lovely road we were riding - one can really send the beast, but sometimes around the corner all sorts of dangers could lurk :? :?

Loskop5.jpg

Close to Loskop - isn't she a beaty???? :wink: :wink: :wink:

Loskop6.jpg

Zonk and Fun arriving......

Loskop7.jpg

Little tarr stretch to the dam :lol:

Loskop8.jpg

Just purring along :wink:

Loskop9.jpg

Loskop10.jpg

Close to the dam is a very nice biltong shop, so we bought some plus a few Zamaleks that I had takern along :wink:

Loskop11.jpg

Lotsa game around 8)

Loskop12.jpg

Loskop13.jpg

....onto the next dirt section towards Stoffberg until............... :oops:

Loskop14.jpg

Loskop15.jpg

Fun rode to Groblersdal to get some patch & solution, while I went for a few cold ones to pass the time

Loskop16.jpg

Loskop17.jpg

Zonkel hard at work :roll: :roll:

Loskop18.jpg

Patched the tube, put it back and it was deflating faster than the compressor could inflate it :oops:

Plan B ride the bike as is, back to the dam and make a plan there, as it was very hot out where we were - my bling temp gauge was registering 39 degrees. No cellphone reception an dgenerally not a lekke spot.

Riding with the flat rear it seemed the bike had a mind of it's own - the back would never stay in line, hanging out either to the left or the right

Loskop19.jpg

Loskop20.jpg

Zonk shaking those nuts on the tank :D :D :D

Loskop21.jpg

Loskop22.jpg

Loskop23.jpg

Loskop24.jpg

.......eventually we made it back to the dam - hats off to Zonk for riding that bike with the flat rear 8)

After all that hard work we had to take a break - the heat was soaring :?

Loskop25.jpg

Zonk called Ms Zonk to come fetch, so we had to wait a bit, as a tyre repair service in that area on a Sunday was nowhere to be found :oops:

Loskop26.jpg

Loskop27.jpg

...evetually the TA decided the beemer pace was too hot :oops: so it retired to the back of the bakkie :oops: :oops:

Loskop28.jpg

So our breakfast run to Dullstroom ended in Loskop, but hey this is what adventure biking is all about. Helping a friend when in need 8) 8)

Thanks Zonk & Fun fora a great ride.

And Honey - she performed effortlessly - man this is one mean machine 8) 8) 8)