The first hour of the day.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grootseun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GSA
I woke up around 3pm when i was kicked out of the bed by my 5year old son. I moved my self to the couch where i fitfully completed the rest of the night's sleep. So i woke at 5.. had a look outside and thought.. lets go for a ride.

Spent some time kitting up and gettin everythin ready to go.. and hit the road about 05:45. I rode through the maplotter area of honeydew towards ruimsig. Past the golf course where i encountered the first short strech of dirt.

Still quite dark
DSC07491.JPG

See the water in the million potholes on this road?... this makes for interresting riding.
DSC07492.JPG

I didnt check to see the lenght of this stretch of dirt..it's not hat long.. but because of the rain it makes for some technical riding....quite fast.
This road ends at the Muldersdrift hotel... this little are reminds me alot of small towns i traveled through with my dad when i was little.

Turned right at the T-juction towards DF Malan..(beyers whatever was there really a need to change it?) Turned left towards the N14 ... over the bridge towards the second stretch of dirt. This is the road that connects with the Kromdraai/Cradle road. The road was recently graded.. and makes for sone high speed riding.

The sun was just coming over the horizon and starting to break through the cloud a little.

Stopped on this bridge.... man its nice and quiet.. and it's only a couple of km's from my house...
DSC07493.JPG

Rode to the top of the rize.. and saw this in the rearview mirror...
DSC07494.JPG

Took another one.. the focus was supposed to be on the sun...but this borrowed digital aint that sofisticated...
DSC07495.JPG

On with the road ... turned right at the cradle t-juction and the newly tarred ( Buggers.. it was a great dirt road) road makes for some mach3 travelling through corners that keeps one on one's toes.

Turned right toward lanseria and flew home...

For only spending an hour on the road.. this really was a great ride..
I had that far off glazed look in my eyes for the rest of the day.. dreaming of riding ......and riding..........and riding......