In Theory: best suited bike?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N[]vA

Grey Hound
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DR-Z 400
What in theory is the best suited bike for these requirements?

• Smallish: 200 - 800 twin or single
  • Maintenance & maintenance intervals
  • All purpose bike (excluding enduro style playing)
  • Great fuel economy - sub 20L/km need not apply
  • Happily cruise at 100km/h - more than that you are I am not traveling but racing
  • Sufficiently built to withstand D/S riding, odd fall and bump
  • Wheels size and dimensions don't mean a damn thing to me so don't even factor in 21" front or not
  • Purchase cost
  • Sub R80k all in

See now recently I have been doing allot of thinking, this is normally where all my problems arise from  ::). I started trying to work out the most cost effective and reliable all rounder for D/S traveling and commuting.... One bike to rule them all; one bike to bind them; one bike too....  :patch:

Lemme give you an idea on my bikes I do say 5000km +- a month (of which 1300km is commuting)  now before you start beating the dead horse again let me say I have never had a bike break or had any problems bike or small due to lack of maintenance.

So a Traveling (don't even bother with your huskeys wes)bike that's not to costly (KTM nay sayers piss right off. The 690 is about the same cost to maint as the drz  :deal:) to maintain (think 5k km's a month, that's almost 2 services on my drz per month and one on my 690)

I'm NOT looking for a new bike I am working out theory  :deal:

In my mind a kitted out tw200 does every thing on this list, just look at Tok-Tokie  :thumleft:
The other I can think of is a BMW G650 Dakar - NB has to be non ABS model!

In my case I got a 690 for a great price and have a large tank I got at a great price and its almost a all round perfect bike for my needs, other than maybe the service interval. The bike btw will be run in soft power mode from now on. It's my all purpose bike not my play bike

So candidates?