Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Please help - Have to leave but dont get a Visa for Angola  (Read 804 times)

Offline ta-rider

• Puppy
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
    • Transafrica on a motorbike
Please help - Have to leave but dont get a Visa for Angola
« on: August 06, 2010, 11:49:23 am »
Hi,

I have tryed 4 weeks now to get a 4 days transitvisum for Angola at the Embassy in germany, Berlin now with no luck. They took my money from the bank account within two days but still did not manage to stick a visum into my passport even they asked for a copy of my flight etc etc etc.

Now im fed up and will tell them to send my passport back with no visa. Does anyone know if they give out visa in Pretoria, Southafrica right now and how long this will take for tourists like me?

I allready have the visa for the two congos and have heared there is no visa for non namibian residents in windhoek...

LG, Tobi
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 04:33:36 pm by ta-rider »

Offline Usurper

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
Re: Getting a Visa 4 Angola in Southafrica
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 04:03:30 pm »
Are you German? If so, they would not give you a visa in South Africa, you must get your visa in your country of origin. For Namibia you dont need a visa with a German passport I think...
Never underestimate the stopping power of a tree!

Offline ta-rider

• Puppy
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 07:11:33 pm »
Hi,

Yes im german but where do Tourists usuarly get there Angolavisum if they came down the east coast? I tryed to get the visum at the angola embassy in germany 4 weeks now but they still did not manage and my flight to SA goes next week. Fot SA and Namibia i get a visa at the border.

LG, Tobi

Offline SGB

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • 1250 GSA
    • Country Trax
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 06:12:36 pm »
Hi,

I have tryed 4 weeks now to get a 4 days transitvisum for Angola at the Embassy in germany, Berlin now with no luck. They took my money from the bank account within two days but still did not manage to stick a visum into my passport even they asked for a copy of my flight etc etc etc.

Now im fed up and will tell them to send my passport back with no visa. Does anyone know if they give out visa in Pretoria, Southafrica right now and how long this will take for tourists like me?

I allready have the visa for the two congos and have heared there is no visa for non namibian residents in windhoek...

LG, Tobi

You have to contact the Angolan embassy and ask why your visa was not issued.  They will normally tell you what they need and once you supply the info there should not be a problem.  Most important is to get a letter of invitation from wherever you are headed in Angola.  There is a business in Cape Town, called Angolan Getaways.   See http://www.angolangetaways.com/angolan_travel_services.asp  They might be able to help you
www.countrytrax.co.za

Riding a bike is not just about riding the bike....
Do not believe everything you think....

Offline ta-rider

• Puppy
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 09:03:43 am »
Hi,

I tryed to contact the embassy allready about 100 times but if you get someone on the phone they allways tell you they change to a new visa system and i have to wayt for the answer from angola. First they prommised me to get the visum within 7 days but now i allready wait 4 weeks :(

LG

Offline Beserker

• Race Dog
  • Bike: AJS (all models)
  • Agito ergo sum
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 07:42:15 am »
Friend of mine (German) came down the East Coast...got his somewhere in the Congo (Brazzavile, but I'll confirm)

At first was denied, see above post because of country of origin, eventually got down to him sitting at the embassy for a couple of hours (really hours..take a book or something) when the clerk eventually conceded and gave him a piece of paper to write an application for a visa application to the DG or whatever the main man at the embassy is called.

Got it, but it took 2 -3 days of sitting at the embassy.

Will confirm consul where he was at, but it was East coast down.
My Ride  :ricky:  Angola   Namibia  Northern Cape  Kids

Offline GRIM

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 02:44:40 pm »
Also be aware that you will only be granted a single entry Visa, and hence cannot go through both Angola proper and Cabinda.

+1 on not being able to get the Visa from SA, you will need to get it from Germany. Sit in the embassy & try find a "facilitator" - someone who will make the application on your behalf for a fee.

Alcohol is essentially nature’s Leatt Brace – with it, you might not be able to move worth sh*t, but you can take a slam or two and be no worse for the wear.

Offline ta-rider

• Puppy
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 05:32:13 pm »
Hi,

Thanks, I dint want to travel to cabinda anyway. Is there a posibility of geting the short term visa where you have to enter the country within 72 hours at the border coming from nimibia?

Thanks a lot, Tobi

Offline ta-rider

• Puppy
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 02:11:24 pm »
Hi,

I have tryed to use the "Angola Gateway Service@ now but scince two weeks no visa. Soon my congo visa are going to expire...anyone has an idea???

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=51132.new;topicseen#new

Thanks, Tobi

Offline kennyb

• Pack Dog
  • Bike: KTM 640 Adventure
  • "keep the sea on your right and you'll get home "
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 05:26:43 pm »
howzit tobi

persevere with your efforts ...it'll be worthwhile....visit flamingo bay.....ride down the beach to the kunene then out...

for visa help.............e-mail raymond at ray@aasafaris.com

tell him your problem...ask for help.......tell him best regards from kenny bateman

Offline ta-rider

• Puppy
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2010, 04:32:50 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for the email...lets see if he answers. The problem is i my  bike has to leave southafrica soon because its on carned and my congovisa are going to expire soon as well.

Please if anyone knows how much it will be and how i can ship around angola or has any other idea please help. I might kill yselfe if i go through sambia and all the way through congo...

Realy asking for help and offering R500 on top to the person who can organize a visa for me, Tobi
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 05:28:01 pm by ta-rider »