First (and def not the last) two stroke in our family

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zagser

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR600
I promised my eldest that he could get a bike the moment he can ride his bicycle without training wheels.
Well, that moment came sooner than expected, and at the age of 3years and four months he could ride without his training wheels, and so I started looking out for a second hand kiddies bike.

We tried a few bikes, but found that the only bike that he manage to get his feet on the ground is the little yamaha. Another feature I liked about the yammie is the fact that it is shaft driven. One less item that needs constant inspection, and one less possible place for getting injured.

Well, yesterday I lost my self control and bought a new one. Luckily there is also a second, younger, brother who will hopefully be able to take over the PW once the eldest has outgrown it. This left a bit of a dent in my KTM revival budget, but I can live with that.  :thumleft: :deal:

DSCN1790.jpg

The only piece of kit we still need to buy as a minimum is a decent set of boots. New they are around R1500!!  :eek:
Hope to get a nice second hand pair before the next weekend...

DSCN1801.jpg

Well, took him for his first ride this morning, and he amazed me! Took one or two tries with me running behind him, and then he was off! And he is not even 3.5 years old! :ricky:

DSCN1799.jpg

DSCN1800.jpg

I have started to work on SWAMBO, of course I also need a 2-smoke so that I can ride on with him, and the two of us can hopefully start doing social enduros , so the moment my budget has recuperated a bit, I will start looking out for a second hand 2-smoke for myself.   :biggrin: :biggrin:

Let the fun begin!!  :mwink: