The Jaqhama and Shalako-Lin Route Plan and ideas thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaqhama

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki Super Sherpa
Ok...so we've sorted April 6th to April 11th.

Looking at a (not very detailed map...I must get a better one this week)
it seems to me that after we do the Trailrider Safari we will end down in the southern end of SA...and should therefore continue on to Cape Town and Cape Agulhas and Cape of Good Hope.

Perhaps after this we could ride up thru Namibia and then pop over into the Caprivi Strip to Zambia to see Victoria Falls.
Then ride back to South Africa via Botswana.

Cut across country and do Lesotho and Sani Pass from south to north.
(Is that the way riders normally do it? I'd rather up-hill than down hill myself.)

Then up towards Joburg and Pretoria then perhaps across to the Mozambique border and Kruger National Park.

Maybe even pop over to Moz for a couple of days?

Now you have to remember I don't really know routes and viable distances within these areas...so I am fully open to advice and suggestions.

Lin and I would like to meet as many forum members as we can during our travels. We're happy to stop by for a cup of tea and a chat along our journey.
We're also happy to have riders join us, show us around their local areas or ride with us for a day or so, or however long they have free.

I have created a new email box for Lin and myself at

[email protected]

I had to create an new email box as my wilddogs PM box was filling up quickly and I did not want to lose anyone's details...like when I pressed the delete all button recently. :oops:
I also wanted to keep a seperate email site for this African ride.

Please feel free to email us your contact details if you'd like us to visit if we're riding thru your area.
Or if you'd like to arrange a meet somewhere along the road.

We will attempt to keep people informed of where we are via the internet along the way.

That's all I can think of at the moment, awaiting suggestions.
You can post up ideas here but I think you should only send contact details via our new email box. Personal security and all that stuff.

Note: WE WILL NOT PASS ON ANYONES CONTACT DETAILS TO ANOTHER PERSON REGARDLESS OF IF THEY ARE A FORUM MEMBER OR NOT.

Cheers: Jaq and Lin.
PS: You'd better put your forum user-name in the subject title of the email...otherwise we won't know who we're talking too. :D