Another Gumtree KTM fraudster!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TornadoF5

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 640 Adventure
Guyz just a warning of another fraudster on Gumtree (starting to dislike that site intensley!)

There is someone selling spares for a black 990 (accident damaged) on gumtree. I called his so called name is Ray Phalo (American accent) 079-179-8387 email [email protected]

I sms'd him asking if he had the wheels still available which he acknowledged he did. I called him to discuss the finer details their condition etc and he said all great condition bar usual scratch or 2.

Told him I would be in CT weekend (which I am) and then had him sms me back saying he wants a 50% deposit to secure as at this time he was in JHb only coming back Friday 13th (suppose the that should have given me a heads up). I paid him R500 and tried contacting him today to meet up inspect the wheel and pay the remainder.....

Guess what! My call doesn't get answered and I get an sms please not to call but sms... WTF?? Oh and the add has been removed!
Tell him I want to come see it and get told he missed his flight bla bla bla and would only be back Wednesday. I mean u miss your flight u get the next one same day or maybe next day not the next one the following week Wednesday......

I sms'd him back telling him if he has plans running I would strongly suggest not and whala no more correspondence from him!!!

So if ANY of you know this MF then tell him from me I have already contacted mates in CID and and am getting tracing on his current address etc and when I DO find him I'll be coming to collect with interest.

If any of you know that he is legit please tell me.....

Other than that NEVA trust anyone you haven't met!