Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Misty Down - But OK  (Read 4736 times)

Offline Cave Girl

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
Re: Misty Down - But OK
« Reply #180 on: September 07, 2010, 02:00:35 am »
Thank goodness for the internet helps to keep you sane - At least I was mobile - well could get to the kitchen to make coffee  :)
Wish I could do more!
They say time flies when you having fun - so best we find something fun for you to do hehehe
Like a Bat .... have a unique vision to search SUCCESS in the DARK -

Offline LeonDude

• A very quiet
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 - The next adventure
    • Leon de Kock - Author pages
« Reply #181 on: September 07, 2010, 04:31:20 am »
Hi Misty

Well if you can't put weight on the leg, I hope you've got a pair of crutches at least?

One of the worst things I remember about crutches is the fact that you can't carry anything. I used to make a cup of coffee, then I'd have to move it one crutch - hop at a time to wherever I wanted to be. So get yourself a cup that can seal (Ask CG to show you her AT cup, I think that will work great if you can get something like it), then you can carry stuff in a bag around your shoulder.

Oh ja, the bag is the other vital thing. I think my standard woolworths bag grew on to me after a few weeks  :biggrin:
Good luck.
 :thumleft:
Great news, my book 'Sniffer' has seen the light of day on Amazon Kindle!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N664WIH
Check out my website for free short stories!
http://www.leondekock.com/short_stories.html

Offline Misty

• Bike: BMW F650GS / Dakar
  • BMW650GS - DR650 - Triumph Scrambler 900 - BMW650G
« Reply #182 on: September 07, 2010, 10:18:31 am »
Moet nie bekommer nie Duster, ek is nog nie naby aan my polse af kou nie :biggrin: positief wees is beter verseker :)

Yup I do have crutches, although Dakota offered to bring me Mark's, cause they're orange and apparently faster  :D

A bag, well now there's a good idea! As well as the sealed cup, I had one somewhere... hmm ja as I had the same prob with the tea, got a kettle and all up here, then realised I cant carry it and standing and drinking not much of an option either
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 10:18:59 am by Misty »
... “There might be a few bumps ahead in the road, but luckily you are well trained in off road riding!” ... PS: for sure, I'm a lot tougher than I look!! ;)

Offline Misty

« Reply #183 on: September 11, 2010, 10:39:58 am »
A little update... (pic not for the faint hearted) ;) had the stitches out on Wed, the leg feeling much better, less pulling and the wound looking good. Just a numbness still in foot every now and then, but that should get better.

Docter's orders still to take it very easy, next check up with X-rays in 4 weeks, will determine progress then.

Finally had my first proper bath this morning (the things we take for granted!) and I feel a lot more human now, apart from the hairy legs  :D

I'm confident the scar will heal 90% - will bio-oil as soon as I can!  :)

First outing will be to Blue Bulls talk yea!!  :ricky: (another thing we take for granted, mobility...)
... “There might be a few bumps ahead in the road, but luckily you are well trained in off road riding!” ... PS: for sure, I'm a lot tougher than I look!! ;)

Offline Mzee

• Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
  • Bikes: DL 650 Suzuki; Honda 250 Suzuki 125; Vespa
    • Mzee-Jaki
« Reply #184 on: September 12, 2010, 11:01:51 am »
Misty that is the spirit.  I broke my leg in two places.  In three weeks instead of four the cast was off and I went back to riding since.  :thumleft:
Life is kind to those who afford it kindness

XT1200Z Super Tenere

Offline Tweets

• Shop Mods
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS
  • Centurion
« Reply #185 on: September 12, 2010, 12:04:38 pm »
Hey Leon / Misty. I also had that problem with carrying things around. My daughter lent me a big thing I could hag around my neck. I would make tea or coffee downstairs in the kitchen in a 500 or 1000ml bottle. screw the "prop" on tight. In the bag, over the head, around the neck and up I went. Soon I was pretty well independent except for the driving.

Soooooooo. That's where buddies come into it. Just shout if you know you need to go to this or that appointment, and need a lift. I'm here till Friday then off to PE again until the 2nd Oct. No problem, any time - just shout, you got my cell no too. DONT feel shit about asking other either. We've been there, done it, and survived. lastly , just don't get the DEPS, about you situation. I know the worst thing is being dependent on others, until you can drive a cage again. Get the DEPS is NOT going to help. Having an open mind, and accepting help where required and offered goes far further than anything else.

Just ASK. We cant smell, when you want to just get out of the flat and go have coffee, buy new clothes at your favorite boutique etc, or go do shopping at Woolies,  or just go talk shit somewhere other than home. So the offer stands, just shout. Any time, I'm here at my house /office most of the time, when not down in PE. From tie to time I go to Randburg / Florida for business, so I can come by almost any time. 
Borrow money from pessimists - they dont expect it back
Current bikes : 1200GS, 800GS, 400XT

Offline Misty

« Reply #186 on: September 13, 2010, 08:43:37 am »
Thanks Tweets, but not too worry all, I'm not the depro kind at all!!  ;)
And it's not that I dont have the means to get around, more docs order that I'm not allowed to move around a lot, so it's rather frustration at times, but that will pass - I'm halfway there  :)

Offline Tweets

• Shop Mods
  • Centurion
« Reply #187 on: September 14, 2010, 07:18:47 am »
 :thumleft:

Offline Hoofseun

• Hang on
« Reply #188 on: September 14, 2010, 09:06:59 am »
Hang in there, soon we can share "battle stories".  My cast comes off Friday afternoon, then I will know what the arm can do and cannot do yet AND I CAN START DOING DISHES AGAIN - Yihaaaaa!
"You are never to old to learn something new"

Johan Gray
BMW R 1200GS L/C

Offline LeonDude

• A very quiet
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Suzuki DR650
  • DR650 - The next adventure
    • Leon de Kock - Author pages
« Reply #189 on: September 14, 2010, 09:14:26 am »
Hang in there, soon we can share "battle stories".  My cast comes off Friday afternoon, then I will know what the arm can do and cannot do yet AND I CAN START DOING DISHES AGAIN - Yihaaaaa!
What's the Dish's name?
 >:D
Great news, my book 'Sniffer' has seen the light of day on Amazon Kindle!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N664WIH
Check out my website for free short stories!
http://www.leondekock.com/short_stories.html

Offline Misty

« Reply #190 on: September 14, 2010, 12:49:31 pm »
 :laughing4:  :imaposer:

I'm sure Puddles will be happy about that!!  :mwink: I wont be doing dishes still anytime soon.... and yes, you do need your legs too for that! :D

Offline Puddles

• Bike: BMW F800GS
« Reply #191 on: September 14, 2010, 02:13:46 pm »
:laughing4:  :imaposer:

I'm sure Puddles will be happy about that!!  :mwink: I wont be doing dishes still anytime soon.... and yes, you do need your legs too for that! :D

Oh yes, yes, yes ... I am very happy  :3some:  :thumleft:  :thumleft:  :thumleft:
2010 BMW F800GS     2008 BMW F650GS(Twin)    2006 Honda XL650V Transalp

Offline Cave Girl

• Bike: Kawasaki KLR 650
« Reply #192 on: September 14, 2010, 04:43:15 pm »
Mmmm LD there was an S on the end of that no wonder he chose to ignore you  :D though have to say with someone as cute as Puddles around no wonder he is sticking to the breakable glass type  :imaposer:
Like a Bat .... have a unique vision to search SUCCESS in the DARK -

Offline laurika

• hoessenaam van hydrabad...
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • helmet hair is very cool....everyone says so
« Reply #193 on: September 14, 2010, 05:30:33 pm »
Mmmm LD there was an S on the end of that no wonder he chose to ignore you  :D though have to say with someone as cute as Puddles around no wonder he is sticking to the breakable glass type  :imaposer:
Hello puddles....nice to meet you on sunday!!! xxx hello Misty....thinking of you , evertime i see this link.... :thumleft:

"There is no happiness for him who does not travel...Therefore, wander... The fortune of him who is sitting sits, it rises when he rises, it sleeps when he sleeps, it moves when he moves... Therefore, wander!"...The Rig Veda - 800 - 600 BC..

bmw F650GS/ XT 660 R

Offline Tweets

• Shop Mods
  • Centurion
« Reply #194 on: September 14, 2010, 06:15:59 pm »

What led to your state of affairs??

Offline Puddles

• Bike: BMW F800GS
« Reply #195 on: September 15, 2010, 07:39:07 am »

What led to your state of affairs??

Well ... ummm ... he just wouldn't listen ... so "I broke his arm"  :biggrin:  ........... nooooooooooo not really  :pot:

See here for details   http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=54257.60
2010 BMW F800GS     2008 BMW F650GS(Twin)    2006 Honda XL650V Transalp

Offline Misty

« Reply #196 on: September 15, 2010, 07:59:14 am »
 :imaposer: @ Puddles... see dynamite does come in small packages so beware!! ;)

Thanks Laurika, appreciate the thoughts :)

Offline trackSHUN

• Bike: Yamaha XT660
  • KLE500 + XT660R
« Reply #197 on: September 15, 2010, 11:03:48 am »
Glad you are sort-of-up and semi-about, Misty!
Very neat stitching on the leg - candidate pic for Jan 2011 WD calendar??  :3some:

Keep lookin' up!!

Offline Duster

• Bike: Yamaha Super Tenere
« Reply #198 on: September 16, 2010, 06:24:55 am »
Hi Misty, ja stem met Laurika, elke keer as ek 'n thread sien wat verwys na 'n downed dog, dan dink ons aan jou.  Staan sterk..... sorry, wees sterk en geduldig en ons dink gedurig aan jou.  P & M :thumleft:
"Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live!"   (Vittorio Alfieri)

Offline Misty

« Reply #199 on: October 08, 2010, 11:37:14 am »
The 6 week update already, can you believe!

Saw the doc yesterday and he is very impressed (4 weeks of lying in bed paid off!), the ligaments and bone healing very nicely, and the cut too, would be able to wear those mini skirts still  :D Now the hard work starts, starting to walk again. In 3 weeks I need to be off the crutches  :o  ;D nah I'm ready for it - and then life can finally get back to normal - well as normal as can be without a bike for a long while still...

Some pics...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 11:39:47 am by Misty »