GS Country - Ouch my eiers!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vellies

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki Djebel 250XC
It was a mixed bunch that got together at Linton Grange Sasol this morning. It was Blue Steel on his TransAlp, IronMan on his DRZ400, myself on my Djebel 250 and then the non-dog and his wife to whom I will from here-on refer to as Mr and Mrs PlaasJapie.

m_IMG_0116-1.jpg

We headed of along Old Cape Rd on route to Van Stadens Pass. With a view of the Bridge of Death we preferred not to talk about the heart breaking stories and rather took in the crisp and beautiful surroundings…till BlueSteel decided to get rid of the fresh morning air in his lungs with the aid of a cancer stick.

m_IMG_0119-1.jpg

IronMan and myself being on the 2 slowest bikes decided to promptly head out allowing the faster bikes to play catch-up at speed. It was only at Patensie that we pulled together again when we had to fill the bladder of the DRZ. BlueSteel showed his “steel” and posed for a prentjie. All his muscles were on loan for the day from Virgin Active Lorraine.

m_IMG_0122.jpg

But we were on our way to so called GS Country. The route is known for its abundance of orange trees but it will more than likely bear bitter grape-fruit after this person assisted in “irrigation”

m_IMG_0124-1.jpg

m_IMG_0125.jpg

Ag you mos know the story so I am going to post a couple of pics to speak for itself. It is normally adults that leave home but soon turn out to be kids when they get to water.

m_IMG_0128.jpg

m_IMG_0132.jpg

I brought the coffee and Mrs PlaasJapie the sandwiches, frikkadels and hoennerboudjies that Mr PlaasJapie braaied the previous night after medicating as a result of the Springbok loss…again. This was then rounded of by IronMan’s smoked mussels and salt biscuits. Damn man we were styling. I though the only “mossel” you get in Baviaans is a “bosmossel”  :ricky:

m_IMG_0134.jpg

GS Country for sure BUT they sure know how to park them funny  :imaposer: Yep the klippe at Elandsvlak claimed another victim. Mrs PlaasJapie was quick to bail and get out of the way of the camera. I t became funny once we established all was well with bike and riders.

m_IMG_0130.jpg

But to end this day I can utter no other Afrikaans words than “ouch my eiers” !!! A long day in the saddle yes but more a case of poor judgment. I hope this is not tooo much for sensitive viewers.

m_IMG_0137.jpg

How many times did I laugh at other guys and today I was the fool. My 5 cents worth in closing: DO NOT TAKE EGGS ON AN OFF-ROAD TRIP IF IT IS NOT STILL IN THE CHICKEN’S ARSE……or maybe carefully wrapped in cotton.

Thanks to my friends who rode with me as well as the 33 over worked and under paid  Japanes guys who were involved in the manufacturing of my Suzuki Djebel 250 , I had a Great ride!!!