First off-road ride

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Steady

One of life?s great joys is watching your children grow up to become young adults. It?s an added bonus if you share an interest or hobby with them. I have been fortunate enough to share my love of canoeing with my three son?s as my wife and I got going early in the ?kid?s are on the way department?. In fact you might say that we took the penalty shot at goal before the goalie had put his gloves on. :D Anyway,

Some time back one of my heirs declared that he would do the bike learners license at the same time as the car learners. ?Over my dead body? :shock: was the phrase my wife used, much like the one my mother had used almost thirty years before, and no doubt similar to the one my Gran might have used when her son made a similar declaration. My son duly received his learners and I am happy to report that his mother is still very much alive and well, as is my own mother. :lol:

He has been to the BMW beginner?s course as well as the K53 one, but before we shoot off to do an off-road course I thought I would share a few hard learned tips with him. It brought back a lot of memories for me as my own father and I spent many memorable school holidays in the Sabie/ Pilgrims forests on DS bikes. Anyway we spent some time doing a bit of slow technical single track riding this week-end and I am looking forward to many years and many hours in each others company in the years that lie ahead.

Only one pic I'm afraid but I am sure there will be many more to come.

Picture006-2.jpg