Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Where do u ride after work? (Durbanville area)  (Read 1800 times)

Offline IDR

• <insert bias disclaimer here>
  • Administrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: NER-A-CAR
Where do u ride after work? (Durbanville area)
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2007, 07:28:25 am »
Quote from: "the_wes"
i've popped a wheelie or 2 on the v@sp#. no lies

Standing on the ground while holding the handlebars, then accelerating, lifting the front wheel while STILL standing on the ground, does NOT count as a wheelie!!!
The three things you need to fix anything in the universe: duct tape, WD-40 and a hammer.  If it moves and it shouldn't, use the duct tape.  If it doesn't move and it should, use the WD-40.  Otherwise use the hammer.

Offline the_wes

• Occasional Perpetrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Harley Davidson (all models)
    • Rather be Riding
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2007, 07:44:42 am »
no i was on the scoot, both feet, riding. although the one time i misjudged and nearly lost it into a car  :roll:

Offline Eisbein

• Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Kraaifontein Plugspanner!
    • Music Ramblings by a serial hobbyist
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2007, 08:48:14 am »
:lol:

I could wheelie my V3spa (as a first year in stellenbosch) as well.

But it was the P150X. Manual clutch and that twistie left hand gearselector.
The engine was next to the rear wheel, and there was virtually no weight in front.
Just lean back, open the throttle, blip the clutch and up she comes - was even easier with my bag on the carrier.

Could keep the front up for about 3 - 5 meters before she started drifting sideways because of the weird engine/swingarm arrangement...
02/02/12 - RIP Glen - the Arrow of Elliot and the little man with the big heart that truly was larger than life.

You have touched us and left us better for having known you - even if it was only briefly.

For grabbing the moment and living the day It's been way too early that you were taken away

Offline the_wes

• Occasional Perpetrator
  • Forum Whore
  • Bike: Harley Davidson (all models)
    • Rather be Riding
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2007, 08:57:20 am »
similar technique with the automatic, but you need to work harder due to the absence of a clutch...

Offline lecap

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2007, 08:50:36 am »
Was very surprised when I stoppied (biiiig time) a borrowed PGO Tornado a few years ago on Somerset Road. Was on my way to the traffic department and kind of lane splitting on the gap between traffic (jampacked) and parked cars when a cage yanked the passenger door open.

Triumph Tiger wheelies readily on the throttle alone if you have a passenger.

Nice farm roads between Durbanville and Paarl. I took the short one that connects the R44 and R312 West of the Paarl Mountain a few weeks ago. Was on my way home already and gunning it when I came to that slight left hander under the trees to find it quite bombed out and sandy :shock:
Luckily I was on a DR and no oncoming traffic or obstacles  :lol:
"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur." (Red Adair)