Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Author Topic: Vuka bankrupt?  (Read 1354 times)

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: Honda TransAlp XL700V
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
Re: Vuka bankrupt?
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2010, 01:41:23 pm »

It's just that kark 18x zoom Olympus he uses!  ;)

That's why I now have a 30x optical zoom Olympus! 8)

Buks

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2010, 01:49:16 pm »
TR, don't you have any self-respect or pride to publish pictures like this. The poor TransAlp in the background - Honda is going to sue you  :imaposer:

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2010, 01:58:45 pm »

TR, don't you have any self-respect or pride to publish pictures like this. The poor TransAlp in the background - Honda is going to sue you  :imaposer:

No they won't. :D

Check my RR's. I prefer rides where there is a mixed group of bikes of all brands and sizes. I am not one of those who only ride with the same brand or one of the "a litre or nothing" brigade.

I was proud to ride with that Vuka. 8) Even more so because BoJ was piloting it. I enjoyed riding with Cassie even when he was on his 125. I have always been drawn to people doing rides on small bikes. Less pretence, more "real" adventure spirit. 8)

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS HP2
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2010, 02:10:10 pm »

TR, don't you have any self-respect or pride to publish pictures like this. The poor TransAlp in the background - Honda is going to sue you  :imaposer:

No they won't. :D

Check my RR's. I prefer rides where there is a mixed group of bikes of all brands and sizes. I am not one of those who only ride with the same brand or one of the "a litre or nothing" brigade.

I was proud to ride with that Vuka. 8) Even more so because BoJ was piloting it. I enjoyed riding with Cassie even when he was on his 125. I have always been drawn to people doing rides on small bikes. Less pretence, more "real" adventure spirit. 8)

goeie donner, I am humbled lets all sell up and buy Vuka's and we can be real adventures.  :imaposer:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:21:12 pm by michnus »

Offline Oetie

• Race Dog
  • Bike: BMW R1200GS Adventure
  • Rooihuiskraal, Centurion
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2010, 02:17:58 pm »
Less pretence, more "real" adventure spirit. 8)

???

Hi everyone, I am Oetie and i do not have an adventure spirit as I am riding a litre bike.

:xxbah:
Live life to the fullest!!

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #45 on: September 03, 2010, 02:19:59 pm »

???

Hi everyone, I am Oetie and i do not have an adventure spirit as I am riding a litre bike.

You are now officially branded the Pretender:imaposer:

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
« Reply #46 on: September 03, 2010, 02:24:15 pm »

???

:laughing4:

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
« Reply #47 on: September 03, 2010, 02:26:35 pm »
You get people who only ride with the same brand and there really is a "litre or nothing" brigade. That does not mean I am painting everybody with a litre class bike with the same brush. ;) But hey, if some-one feels the need to be defensive about it maybe the shoe fits? :imaposer:

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2010, 02:26:57 pm »

???

:laughing4:

jy's so beskeie hoekom ry jy nie saam met fietse nie, of is hulle te hardcore em te vinnig vir jou?   :pot: :biggrin:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:27:42 pm by michnus »

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2010, 02:33:14 pm »

jy's so beskeie hoekom ry jy nie saam met fietse nie, of is hulle te hardcore em te vinnig vir jou?   :pot: :biggrin:

Nope: 8)

Hoekom ry jy nie saam met kleiner fietse nie? Te goed vir dit? :P

Offline letsgofishing

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • Sedgefield, Garden Route
    • http://www.mikekaplandesign.com
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2010, 02:35:34 pm »
The more people that can get  a bike the better.
Gives them mobility and independence, less pollution than a stuffed out 1991 Sentra, easier parking.
For the masses, this is the way forward - a couple of billion Chinese can't be wrong (seriously).
There is nothing you can do about the past and you can't predict the future...all you have is the now...live it to the fullest.

www.mikekaplandesign.com

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2010, 02:42:28 pm »

jy's so beskeie hoekom ry jy nie saam met fietse nie, of is hulle te hardcore em te vinnig vir jou?   :pot: :biggrin:

ja ek was reg die fiets ryer het jou in jou donner in gery, jy's weer agter.  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:44:19 pm by michnus »

Offline letsgofishing

• Grey hound
  • Bike: Honda XL650V Transalp
  • Sedgefield, Garden Route
    • http://www.mikekaplandesign.com
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2010, 02:44:54 pm »
 :laughing4: :imaposer:
There is nothing you can do about the past and you can't predict the future...all you have is the now...live it to the fullest.

www.mikekaplandesign.com

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2010, 02:48:13 pm »
As for the Adventure spirit and smaller bikes - it's been discussed before:

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=53586.0

I don't like people with their "grand" bikes looking down on the smaller oke with the small bike / Vuka / whatever it may be. That's really bad form. And I certainly do hold someone doing a long trip on a small bike in much higher regard than someone doing it on a big luxurious bike (TA's included).

That does not mean that all peeps with big bikes don't have the adventure spirit, some do. But it's not about the bike.

Ware DS spirit sien nie net tekortkominge nie. Ware DS spirit kyk na die bike wat hy het en se: "Hoekom nie?" Onthou Zonkel se "About love, lust and passions".

'n Ou wat sulke trips op 'n klein bike doen, doen dit omdat hy dit WIL doen. Hy is 'n adventurer klaar. Die tipe bike wat hy het maak nie saak nie. Hy laat hom nie afskrik as dit toevallig 'n klein bike is nie.

Ons is nou almal magtige forum "adventure riders" hier. Elk op sy eie perd. Kom ek se jou nou, as ons almal more skielik met 125's moet ry dop hier 'n moerse klomp ouens uit. Feit. Dan is dit skielik nie meer vir hulle nie. Want as die gemak en groot fiets en image en prestige weg is, is daar niks meer wat daai ouens hier hou nie.

Die adventurers (die real adventurers) sal dan nog hier wees. Hulle sal steeds die sonsak in die karoo, die horisonne in Namibie, die mense van die platteland etc. wil sien en beleef. Die feit dat dit dan op 'n 125 is sal hulle nie keer nie.

DUS - as jy 'n ou met 'n klein bike sien toer, weet jy hy is van die real adventurer tipe. As jy die ou op die gemaklike groot fiets sien is dit dalk ook 'n real adventurer, maar mens weet net nooit. ;)

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2010, 02:49:00 pm »

jy's so beskeie hoekom ry jy nie saam met fietse nie, of is hulle te hardcore em te vinnig vir jou?   :pot: :biggrin:

ja ek was reg die fiets ryer het jou in jou donner in gery, jy's weer agter.  :biggrin:

Met 'n kort koppie! ;D Ek het hom verby gevat in die draai! 8)

Oppad

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2010, 02:53:02 pm »
No TR, that is a bit of a sweeping generalisation. Many true adventurers just like a little more speed and a little more comfort than is available with a 125cc. Methinks the lady protests too much.

Soms is dit ook net lekker om te fokken jaag ook. Selfs op 'n teerpad.

Offline michnus

• PikiPiki Overland
  • Bachelor Dog
    • Pikipiki Overland
« Reply #56 on: September 03, 2010, 02:55:08 pm »
As for the Adventure spirit and smaller bikes - it's been discussed before:

http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=53586.0

I don't like people with their "grand" bikes looking down on the smaller oke with the small bike / Vuka / whatever it may be. That's really bad form. And I certainly do hold someone doing a long trip on a small bike in much higher regard than someone doing it on a big luxurious bike (TA's included).

That does not mean that all peeps with big bikes don't have the adventure spirit, some do. But it's not about the bike.

Ware DS spirit sien nie net tekortkominge nie. Ware DS spirit kyk na die bike wat hy het en se: "Hoekom nie?" Onthou Zonkel se "About love, lust and passions".

'n Ou wat sulke trips op 'n klein bike doen, doen dit omdat hy dit WIL doen. Hy is 'n adventurer klaar. Die tipe bike wat hy het maak nie saak nie. Hy laat hom nie afskrik as dit toevallig 'n klein bike is nie.

Ons is nou almal magtige forum "adventure riders" hier. Elk op sy eie perd. Kom ek se jou nou, as ons almal more skielik met 125's moet ry dop hier 'n moerse klomp ouens uit. Feit. Dan is dit skielik nie meer vir hulle nie. Want as die gemak en groot fiets en image en prestige weg is, is daar niks meer wat daai ouens hier hou nie.

Die adventurers (die real adventurers) sal dan nog hier wees. Hulle sal steeds die sonsak in die karoo, die horisonne in Namibie, die mense van die platteland etc. wil sien en beleef. Die feit dat dit dan op 'n 125 is sal hulle nie keer nie.

DUS - as jy 'n ou met 'n klein bike sien toer, weet jy hy is van die real adventurer tipe. As jy die ou op die gemaklike groot fiets sien is dit dalk ook 'n real adventurer, maar mens weet net nooit. ;)

Vader tog TR, loop drink a Brandy en Coke, jy's heeltemal te ernstig vir n Vrydag middag, en in die selfde tyd maak dit sommer n adventure pub toe, en dice n ou man op sy baaisiekel  :biggrin:

En btw jy praat nou sommer deur jou nek.  ;) :biggrin:
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 02:56:09 pm by michnus »

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
« Reply #57 on: September 03, 2010, 03:00:39 pm »

No TR, that is a bit of a sweeping generalisation. Many true adventurers just like a little more speed and a little more comfort than is available with a 125cc.

Many? I'd say all (or almost all) would like a little more speed and a little more comfort. But that is not the point. It's when you don't have those things, or the choice of those things, that one sees who still wants to do it for the love of adventure riding.

Merely having a R100k plus bike does not make one an adventurer. A lot of people on smart bikes only have it for the image and prestige of having it. But we all know that. ;) Nobody rides a Vuka for image or prestige. :D

But we're getting off topic. I will always be rooting for the small guy. And I friggen hate it when people have "high and mighty" opinions of those with less.

The guy on the Vuka (or any other small bike) also has a place in the sun. Viva!!!

Offline Trailrider

• Southern Cape
  • Bachelor Dog
  • "Africa Twin Lite"
    • Trailrider
« Reply #58 on: September 03, 2010, 03:02:06 pm »

En btw jy praat nou sommer deur jou nek.  ;) :biggrin:

Ek leer dit by jou! :P

Offline shanti

• Race Dog
  • Bike: Honda CRF-1000L Africa Twin
  • rest stop moon
    • derek saul
« Reply #59 on: September 03, 2010, 03:04:04 pm »
Viva Vuka viva , apparently the bigger wheels where designed to cope with bad roads