Urban worriers ? part one

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HHHusky

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Husqvarna (all models)
Hi, a serial lurker finally trying my hand at a ride report, so be nice. This was Dieter?s first off-road ride with his Grand Sofa (1150GS), which has replaced his trusty KLR650. The sexy beast in the back is my Husky TE610. The plan was to take it nice and slow around the back- roads towards Dronkwordspruit, and back to Riverside for breakfast, so he could get a feel for the off-road capability of Sofa. Nice and slow he said . . .

DSC00001.jpg

Here we are tootling out the back roads east of Pretoria, and the rain last night made this bit of road nice and dust free

DSC00003.jpg

Then some tracks through the mielie-fields near Bapsfontein, this bit being very dry and dusty

DSC00005.jpg

And finally some water puddles. Here?s Dieter taking it nice and slow through his first puddle :twisted: . . .

DSC00008.jpg

Then onto the technical stuff. Some of you might recognize this bit of scenery . . .

DSC00256.jpg

and will know that there are two ways to get through - the Grand Sofa way (keep to the main track, and no danger of breaking a sweat, or anything else for that matter), and the other way. Here?s me, going the other way

DSC00010.jpg

And proving again that he is braver than he is bright :shock: . . .

DSC00013.jpg

At the top of the hill the bikes needed a well deserved rest

DSC00014.jpg

And then down a treacherous rocky downhill

DSC00015.jpg

Must admit that the Grand Sofa impressed the hell out of me at this point, and it is clearly capable of great things in the hand of a competent rider. Or and idiot with no sense of self preservation. Then on to Riverside along the well-known Rayton railway line . . .

DSC00017.jpg

for a large plate of chips with two soft fried eggs on top, and those �½ gallon cups of coffee. And considering our age, probably the most dangerous thing we did all day.