Headbutt - Dog vs dog

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jughead

Grey Hound
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Commuting daily along William Moffat in PE I often, while lane-slitting through stationary traffic, pass a white Isuzu bakkie in the right hand lane with a dog in the back.  This dog has the nasty habit of launching himself halfway out of the canopy window and snapping at passing bikers, much to the delight and amusement of the owner.  I have noticed, too, on occasion that he is coaxed by the owner and driver of the bakkie who is physically turned around in his seat and looking out of the rear window.

I normally anticipate this and give the bakkie a wide berth.  This morning, though, I was a little distracted by other thoughts and only noticed the bakkie at the last second.  Having another vehicle on my left, I had no way of avoiding what was coming.

The dog was already almost halfway out of the canopy window as I passed.  I just couldn't miss this opportunity so nicely handed to me.  I leaned over dropped my head and headbutted the mutt, clean out of the canopy and into the traffic!  :biggrin:

Man, it feels good on a bike in the morning traffic!!  Would love to see what's going to happen when I pass him tomorrow morning!