Had a big accident yesterday...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martin-DR650

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
Me and my dad was coming from Montague gardens yesterday on the turn-on onto the N7 heading back home.
I was riding in front of him when an entire wheel came rolling from the rightside of the incoming traffic at a high speed an I was also at speed...
I couldn't swing out to the left the sidewall and the right going into oncoming traffic,it all happend so fast,so I slammed on the rear locking the back wheel,it was sliding out to the right the bakkies wheel must have hit my pipe,went down hard,was sliding into the sidewall down the road.
My dad was riding behind me and witnessed the whole thing,he was in big shock and thought I was down...
I stood up and was angry at first ,immediately felt blood running down my left arm,jacket and pants were shredded,luckily I had my knee guards and boots on,got a big hit on my left side and my right knee were also bleeding,netcare ambulance were there in about 5-10min.
They took me to durbanville,luckily no broken bones,got away with some wounds on my left arm and right knee and a bruise on my left side.
I was very lucky because it could have been allot worse.Only afterwards we saw the the bakkies wheel had the axle still on,I did not even see that,imagine what could have been if that hit me spot on at a high speed like that. :'(
My bike was not so lucky,the bosson pipe has been ripped open and smashed,the impaced ripped the bar-end out and allot of scraps and sliding scratches.

I definitely had an angle over me yesterday.
But I'm fine ,at home recovering.
If I didn't have that tuff boots on ,I would probably have huge scrapes on my feet and legs,I was also not wearing my acerbis koerta body armour,only the jacket with it's padding,I think If I had that on This wouldn't have happend to my arm.

Anyway,From now on If I go ride,I'll have my full gear on,even if it's my "milk and bread run".
It's just not safe anymore to commute on a bike here in this f#cking country  :(

I'll post some pictures later :thumleft:
Cheers
Martin