Another new member's introduction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millroy

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
Hi All,
My name is Keith and I am on the wrong side of 50. I have had bikes on and off since 1974 with my first being a Yamaha RD350 and my most recent a BMW R1150RT. I ride every oportunity I can because you never know how long you've got and I never want to say " I wish I had ridden more". I do wish I was lighter and younger and could take advantage of the awesome off-road bikes that are available but I cannot fault the RT on the road and I get incredible pleasure riding it.
Over the last December holidays I rode to Margate and back on the RT and discovered that I really enjoyed the challenges of the trip and vowed to do as many long trips as I can afford and as often as I can.
With this in mind I am planning the trip to the old "border" towns of Rundu & Katima Mulilo through Namibia and Botswana. Any person with similar desire to ride is welcome to join us on the trip.
I live in Cape Town and have a small sandblasting business. Yes, we do assist bike rebuilders when required. If you are rebuilding your bike and need stuff blasted clean please mention this forum for a 100% discount. (within reason).
Not much else to tell you but to say thanx for the tips and advice I have received over the last few months that I have been lurking here.
Strength to you all.
Keith